Anyone here use a vinyl buddy? (Silicone roller)

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by Aladdinsane, May 19, 2018.

1. Wookie

Wookie AK Subscriber Subscriber

I bought one after reading about it here and it came today, did a great job of cleaning off dust from a new LP that also came today, so far so good :thumbsup:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mhjmhjones

mhjmhjones Active Member

I don't think you understood my question. Or I don't understand what this thread is about - thought it was about the Vinyl Buddy?

3. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

I don't really need a lint roller for my records but have been wanting to get one for my platters. This way I can clean then before putting clean records on them.

4. Hajidub

Hajidub Chihuahua/Pug = Chug Subscriber

I think that's a better way to use it. I've argued against this product until I was blue in the face, but my opponents couldn't grasp my point.

5. Aladdinsane

Aladdinsane Active Member

The onzow zero dust is a stylus cleaner that operates essentially on the same concept as a vinyl buddy, eg a sticky material that you lower your stylus onto to remove dust and whatnot. I wouldn't use a vinyl buddy on your stylus, but those onzow zerodusts are magic. Actually the reason that I was curious about trying the vinyl buddy for my records was because the onzow zerodust worked so well at cleaning my stylus.

6. Aladdinsane

Just out of curiosity, what is your point?

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Aladdinsane

That sounds interesting! I've never heard of anything like that. I'm pretty happy with my roller for now but I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever come across one of those.

As for my name, I'll let you decide...

8. mhjmhjones

mhjmhjones Active Member

Any updates?

I got one of these Vinyl Buddies a few weeks back and I've been using it. It definitely removes dust from records. I can't say for sure how well it removes dust from deep in the grooves. I have generally been using the Vinyl Buddy forst on dusty records, then follow that with a couple rotations with a carbon fiber brush. I would say if it generates any static, I haven't noticed it. I believe the Vinyl buddy generates less static thatn the brush does.