Anyone in the Albuquerque area?

Yes. Name a few. I have checked a couple of pawn shops, but they had serious junk.

Regards,

John
Edgar Digital likely has the best chance of not junk. I also have seen some good stuff pop up at traderman pawn. It's just a matter of playing the rounds repeatedly.

Have not been to Edgar Digital in a couple of years, but now that you mention it, they did have some esoteric stereo equipment in the front!

There is an audio group in Santa Fe the "High Desert Fidelity Club" (ha get it). Small group meets monthly at alternating member's homes for some good tunes, eats, beer and wine. Some really nice systems but audio snob free. We have some Albuquerque members and everyone from surrounding areas are certainly welcome. Contact Mike at audiopassion1@gmail.com for details.

I'm in the Albuquerque area as well, moved back to NM aftet being gone for 13 years. Starting over from scratch as far as my system goes but managed to hold on to a halfway decent music collection, albeit mostly flac ripped to a PC server I built.

Anybody know of a decent technician in the area? My Hitachi SR-804 needs a doctor.

I did see your old post TooBlue. Did you try the Deoxit on the switches? It seems to be a simple problem to solve?

Yeah, a tech went through it, cleaned all the switches and pots, installed LED lights, replaced a few transistors, resistors, some small caps.

The problem has been intermittent but now is constant. Someone suggested a failing op-amp in the feedback circuit, and the more research I do the more likely that sounds.

Unfortunately the guy that worked on it before is now 1,600 miles away. I've had no luck finding someone reputable in the Albuquerque area.

Looks like not much activity here in the Land of Enchantment as of recent. I am a native to Albuquerque although I have only been back since 2019. Hope to see some future activity,?

Scott

I missed this thread. Moved back to Santa Fe in 2020. Hopefully it will be safe to have get togethers (outside?) next spring.

How's everybody doing? Retired from Sandia Labs in 2015, moved to So. Cal so my wife could care for her aging parents. One thing I didn't like about Southern CA was putting up Christmas lights in shorts. IMG_0343.JPG
Back home in ABQ for good!

I sold most of my tubes, testers, curve tracer and power supplies, gave away some of my amplifiers and am down to two main systems, speakers and three tube amplifiers.

IMG_0344.JPG

How's everybody doing? Retired from Sandia Labs in 2015, moved to So. Cal so my wife could care for her aging parents. One thing I didn't like about Southern CA was putting up Christmas lights in shorts. View attachment 2417911
Back home in ABQ for good!

I sold most of my tubes, testers, curve tracer and power supplies, gave away some of my amplifiers and am down to two main systems, speakers and three tube amplifiers.

View attachment 2417912

whoaaa, cool speakers. what are those waveguides on top of the JBL bass bins?

Thanks! Those are Iwata-300's, with JBL 2446H Compression Drivers behind them. Top end sound is driven with a AN Kit 1 300 Tube amp assembled by me. MC2205 driving the big JBL 4648A-8's. Both amps are connected to a dbx active crossover and Krell PAM-7 preamp.

I'm still happy/surprised that my wife has allowed me to put the gear in the living room...

Thanks! Those are Iwata-300's, with JBL 2446H Compression Drivers behind them. Top end sound is driven with a AN Kit 1 300 Tube amp assembled by me. MC2205 driving the big JBL 4648A-8's. Both amps are connected to a dbx active crossover and Krell PAM-7 preamp.

I'm still happy/surprised that my wife has allowed me to put the gear in the living room...

that sounds like a great setup. yes, congrats to your better half!

Waking up this thread for 2024. Recently retired and moved from Long Beach CA to Albuquerque, in Uptown. Still getting settled in and set up.

Welcome to ABQ J. If you are on FB, we have a page there. Just look for New Mexico vintage hi-fi

Back
Top Bottom