anyone in virginia?

All you NN guys. Not sure if y’all know, but Fantasy(on Jefferson) is going out of business. I think sometime early spring. Was there yesterday and they started having sales on cd’s. They said records will be on sale soon as well. Just wanted to give heads up if y’all weren’t aware.

How did I miss this. You get that Maggie done?

Any of you guys been to Electric Audio in VA beach? Would like to get into his store someday to look around. He sends some of his repair stuff to the guy I use here in Williamsburg, Action Electronics.

Any of you guys been to Electric Audio in VA beach? Would like to get into his store someday to look around. He sends some of his repair stuff to the guy I use here in Williamsburg, Action Electronics.

I have been in there a couple of times and even talked to one of the owners who was interested in my SX-1050 parts unit. They have some good stuff in there and it is priced accordingly so you are not going to get anything at a discount from market prices. He does have some pretty good vinyl in there. If you want to make the trip I am up for giving you the local tour for gear and/or vinyl hunting.

Went just last Saturday for the first time. He has a decent selection of records and equipment. I follow him on FB and looks like he's working on moving to a new location, can't tell for sure though.

I talked to him on the phone a couple of times looking for something specific. He said he was moving to another space in the same building over the next couple of months.

I talked to him on the phone a couple of times looking for something specific. He said he was moving to another space in the same building over the next couple of months.

I was just there on Sat 3/17. He’s just moving a few feet up front, to a larger space. His name is Dave, and he’s fair to deal with. I bought my Klipsch KG’s from him last year, and he does negotiate on price.

If you want to get him going on music, start talking about the Grateful Dead.

His selection of gear is pretty varied; best way to stay current, more or less, is to follow Electric Audio on FB. He often posts pics of recently acquired gear there.

As far as vinyl goes, though, Birdland in Va. Beach is still THE place to go, IMO.

Oh, before I forget, I’d be up for a meet & greet, too.

THanks for the suggestion about Birdland. Looked at the website. Pretty impressive. There is another place in Newport News on Warwick Blvd called American Oldies, although I have not been there in awhile. There is an indoor antiques mall in Lightfoot that is fairly close to me. Lots of records there by many sellers. Will swing by there tomorrow and do some sifting.

I was just there on Sat 3/17. He’s just moving a few feet up front, to a larger space. His name is Dave, and he’s fair to deal with. I bought my Klipsch KG’s from him last year, and he does negotiate on price.

If you want to get him going on music, start talking about the Grateful Dead.

His selection of gear is pretty varied; best way to stay current, more or less, is to follow Electric Audio on FB. He often posts pics of recently acquired gear there.

As far as vinyl goes, though, Birdland in Va. Beach is still THE place to go, IMO.

Oh, before I forget, I’d be up for a meet & greet, too.

All this.

Back
Top Bottom