anyone in virginia?

Discussion in 'Regional Clubs' started by Chaz862, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Chaz862

Chaz862 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I’d be up for a meet up.
    Go to oldies pretty regular. Usually has some ok stuff. Been kinda lacking lately. Vinyl daze I thought was kinda pricy but has some good stuff. AFK books and records is ok. Haven’t tried birdland in a while. Bought a pioneer system from electric audio few months ago. I thought price was fair. Have a receiver, turntable and some speakers my wife got me for my bday few years ago from action. That was the start of this lol. Anyone know where to get any reel to reel music around here? I bought a reel To reel that’s supposed to be here by now.

Natitude likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Chaz862

Chaz862 AK Subscriber Subscriber

And record store day is coming up! Not much I’m shooting for this year but fantasy usually doesn’t have much of a line. Oldies get some stuff. South side places get more I think but way more people.

Natitude likes this.
  3. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have a couple of crates of home recorded reel to reel tapes that were a throw in on some stuff I was given a couple of years ago. You are welcome to take a look and take what you think you might be able to use.

Natitude likes this.
  4. jcidave

jcidave Member

Thanks for this suggestion. Looked at this website also. Looks like another nice store.

Natitude likes this.
  5. George H

George H New Member

right next door in Hampton!

Natitude and GChief like this.
  6. jcidave

jcidave Member

Added a pair of ESS Heil Elite tweeters to the ESS collection. Been looking for these for awhile. Old original diaphragms: non-bridal veil and no silicone between the pleats. Real keepers. ESS Heil Elite.JPG

Wolverine, Natitude and galactus2 like this.

7. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

That place is awesome:thumbsup:

Wolverine likes this.
  8. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

I've yet to make it to Birdland, but it'll have to wait. I bought my last record for a bit yesterday.... decided to start saving $$ for a new receiver. Lord give me th strength :biggrin:

Wolverine likes this.
  9. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Good to know. Spoke to him on the phone about a year ago about doing some work on a Sui receiver I had bought, real nice guy. I thought he just did repairs there. Will have to go check out his inventory of receivers.

10. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Was wondering if anyone in the Newport News area had experience doing a recap on receivers? And if so, would you be interested in helping me go through my Sansui that needs to be done? I've never done one and wanted to learn how... I'd supply the beer:D

11. GChief

GChief AK Subscriber Subscriber

If I was there brother. I have no idea when I will be back, probably straight to SF from here.

Natitude likes this.

12. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Much appreciated bro... I'm thinking of keeping the Sui and adding a preamp along with the Maggie to it.....

13. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Or experience with tube console amps. I have a Magnavox Amp 185 almost complete, but not confident in firing it up without having someone looking over my work first......

14. GChief

GChief AK Subscriber Subscriber

Heading out the door to work but if you take some good pics and email them I will look tonight. Did you already check for obvious shorts (leads touching things). I think you have my email.

Natitude likes this.
  15. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Just sent them over... let me know if you need any more. I have gone through to check if any leads are touching and everything appears good to go there.

16. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nat

I wish I had the skills to help you out. If it takes more than a couple shots of DeOxit and a new fuse then I am out of my league. Best of luck getting every thing up and running.

Natitude likes this.

17. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

Thanks bro! That’s close to the boat I’m in... kinda why I took on this project. I’ve recapped it and wired it all, just not confident putting plug into the outlet:biggrin: @GChief is helping me out, so should be all good soon.

18. tedgerto

tedgerto New Member

Holding down the western VA front, Crozet'ian here. pretty slick website/forums, helped me restore two Duals and a Yamaha CR-420. thanks to everyone for having this community, strong!

Mike35 likes this.
  19. jcidave

jcidave Member

Ted: Couple of weeks ago my wife and I took a driving trip from Williamsburg to Madison WI for my son's wedding. Drove right past you on 64 and didn't know it. Welcome. I've met some very nice people here more local to me and we've actually gotten together a couple of times. Hope that can happen for you. Dave

20. StimpyWan

StimpyWan AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm slightly southwest. I live in Amherst, but I work in Charlottesville. Beautiful Central VA...! :)

Wolverine likes this.