anyone in virginia?

Discussion in 'Regional Clubs' started by Chaz862, Dec 22, 2017.

1. jcidave

jcidave New Member

StimpyWan: We drove right past your work town on our trip to Madison WI. Central VA is beautiful. I see you are a big AR speaker fan. Just yesterday I stopped by the local electronics repair shop just to check in to see what vintage gear he is selling. Saw a nice pair of AR LST II's that the repair guy just refurbed. They sounded pretty impressive.

StimpyWan likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. StimpyWan

StimpyWan AK Subscriber Subscriber

If you came up from Williamsburg, you got pretty close to me, as I'm just off RT. 29. That sounds like a good trip too. I hope you had fun? :)

Yea, big AR fan (among others). AR-90's were my first speakers. I worked at a Teledyne AR sister plant. One of the employee perks, was the ability to buy other Teledyne products at cost. So, not too much of a stretch to buy my 90's. It was either those, or a Teledyne Waterpik. A tough choice. Though, I wish we could have bought AR-9's as well. I'd probably have a pair of those next to my 90's. And AR LST II's. I've never even seen or heard them. I'd like too! :D

Wolverine likes this.
  3. jcidave

jcidave New Member

Yes. We went from Williamsburg to Madison to see my son marry his Dutch girlfriend in a garden wedding at their house. A nice ceremony and good driving trip with my wife; thanks for asking. At the audio store I worked at in the 70's we were an AR dealer along with a number of other speaker brands. We always had a pair of 3a's hooked up with another smaller AR bookshelf I don't remember. For a while a pair of LST's. At that time, my taste gravitated more to the west coast sound rather than new england sound, so I went with the ESS product we were selling. Looks like your 90's as well as the 9's bring a good buck on ebay. You could always drive to W'burg to see Bob at Action Electronics to audition his LST ll's. However, I imagine that's well over a 2 hour drive each way. If you ever consider doing that, maybe we could meet up on this end.

Wolverine and StimpyWan like this.