Anyone in West Texas wanna help an AK'er

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was visiting Ft. Bliss in El Paso last year and came across an awesomely good (super cheap) cabernet wine. It was Ste. Genevieve Cabernet (red) and was priced at mad dog 20/20 prices, but tasted like a $100 bottle. Though I had it at an expensive restaurant I was able to find 1.5L bottles of it at the local Walmart for seriously $8 ($4 for a normal 750ml, incredible). For you red wine folks, trust me as a former trained 5-star restaurant employee for many years, this stuff was ridiculously complex for the price.

I've gone to the winery site and they don't sell or ship this wine. I was wondering if any West Texas folks could look at their local Wally world next time they go and possible mail me a case or 2?

A dealer in NJ, Wineoland, will sell and ship to you. Two cases of magnums has a shipping cost of $160. Texas to CO shipping would be less, if you can find someone to do it.

There are (7) 1.5L bottles at my local Wally World, $6.97/ea. I wonder if a case is 6 bottles?

Well, that was a bust. There was a tag that said Cab, but the shelve had Sweet Red in that spot. There was a Chardonnay next to it, but no Cab. A lady scanned the tag and went to look in the back, no luck. They said the booze distributor stocked that section, but I got the idea they were kinda clueless.

I go out there about once a month, I'll keep an eye peeled for it.

We have Colorado wine here, but honestly this West TX wine was next level. I brought back 3 1.5Lt bottles when I was down there for work. I found it at Wally World and was amazed at the price. I would put this wine up against any $70-100 bottle of Cali wine with no doubts!

Back
Top Bottom