Anyone know anything about the Realistic SA-1000A integrated amplifier?

AlphaLimaXray

Digital-to-Analog Convert
Is it any good? What are the specs? What's the going price for one in decent condition?
Thanks for your help.;)

Cheers.
:beerchug:
-AlphaLima

Pretty sure it was Hitachi OEM; should be more than decent. Construction quality was a bit subpar compared to similar integrated amps of its era (e.g., Masonite back panel, as I recall).

I've seen the SA-1000, for the size it's pretty hefty, I think the masonite panel is just a covering for decoration. Never heard it in action but it has 3 tone controls, might be pretty decent.

If I recall correctly, the SA-1000 was uninspiring. Not bad, just nothing to get too excited about. The SA-2000 was pretty decent.

I had two SA 1000's in 1975 running 4 speakers and the matching tuner. They were nice and 25 wpc was not bad then. The tuner was the gem. I also had the matching 8 track recorder.

just picked up two realistic sa-1000a amplifiers. does anyone know where to find a service manual???

Interesting thread in that it was started 14 years ago, the first reply was 7 years after the initial post and 7 years later yet another post.

I'm not sure if there is a difference between the SA-1000A and the SA-1000 but at least this should get you going.

Edit: My bad, it only has the schematic not the Manual

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/thumbnails.php?album=56

Thanks dswankey, I think there is a difference of 5wpc in the 20wpc sa1000 and the 25wpc sa1000a, so I will keep looking. I emailed RadioShack in hopes they keep an archive.

Back
Top Bottom