Anyone know how to properly clean the contacts in my G-801 Receiver?

JoeKing

Hello everyone,
I recently received a nice condition Sansui G-801 receiver.

Everything works great except that on occasion I need to turn/wiggle the balance control knob and also the selector switch knob in order to eliminate static and the sound cutting in and out on one or both channels.

I have my cd player connected to the aux input, and when the selector switch is on aux I really need to wiggle/play with the switch in order for the sound to remain constant and clean coming out both channels.

I removed the bottom cover of the receiver, and seen that you can see the balance pot fairly easily, but the selector switch pot seems kind of hard to get to.

Any suggestions on what type of cleaner to use and how to correct my problem?

Thanks,
Joe

For anyones information, my Sansui G-801 receiver is the European version of the G-8000. They are very nearly exactly the same receiver.

Anyone know how to get the faceplates off of the first generation G-Series receivers like mine?

I've got a G-901, and I've had a few G-series in the past.....it really didn't strike me as being too bad to get to, actually if I remember correctly to clean those controls you end up getting at them from under the bottom, not through the face.

Here's a pic about 2 years old, but I've had a lot of G's......

WOW!

Kamakiri,
That picture looks like your in Audio-Heaven!

I used to own a G-901DB up until about 8 months ago. I also have owned a 9090, 9090DB, and now have both an 8080DB and a G-801.

Was that picture taken in your house or a store?? Do you have any personal "favorites" out of all the Sansui receivers you have had experience with?

Last edited:
Re: WOW!

Originally posted by JoeKing
Kamakiri,
That picture looks like your in Audio-Heaven!

I used to own a G-901DB up until about 8 months ago. I also have owned a 9090, 9090DB, and now have both an 8080DB and a G-801.

Was that picture taken in your house or a store?? Do you have any personal "favorites" out of all the Sansui receivers you have had experience with?

Well, the only two I still have are the G-901 and the 9090db, and those are going nowhere :D

Back
Top Bottom