Anyone know of a Diagram website for various audio hookups?

Stansje

I am a visual learner and would be able to use it as a reference without having to go to a bunch of different sources for various audio components would be awesome.

Last edited:
IMO, I think if you learn the basics of connections, then only the most complicated equipment setups need reference to the manuals.
Meaning, there aren't that many types of connections, are there?
Now, I can say that maybe you'd need to draw out your own wiring diagram to match your own equipment, but shouldn't be hard once you understand the general types of inputs and outputs.
Heh, I'm not sure I helped - I did google for some sites with wiring examples, and I didn't find anything that I thought could be used as a comprehensive guide.

I am a visual learner and would be able to use it as a reference without having to go to a buch of different sources for various audio components would ne awesome.

Usually half the owner's manual is dedicated to diagrams and printed verbage regarding connections and controls. Ask here, or go over to HiFiEngine, TapeHeads, or VinylEngine to download manuals--you have to register (but it is free), and they have large libraries of manuals available for download.

Usually half the owner's manual is dedicated to diagrams and printed verbage regarding connections and controls. Ask here, or go over to HiFiEngine, TapeHeads, or VinylEngine to download manuals--you have to register (but it is free), and they have large libraries of manuals available for download.
Thank you for your post!!!

All of the inputs (except a phono input) are what they call line level. Line level sources are things like FM tuners, CD players, tape players etc. Phono inputs are for turntables and this input has RIAA EQ and can't be used with line level devices.

IMO, I think if you learn the basics of connections, then only the most complicated equipment setups need reference to the manuals.
Meaning, there aren't that many types of connections, are there?
Now, I can say that maybe you'd need to draw out your own wiring diagram to match your own equipment, but shouldn't be hard once you understand the general types of inputs and outputs.
Heh, I'm not sure I helped - I did google for some sites with wiring examples, and I didn't find anything that I thought could be used as a comprehensive guide.
Being a beginner and have had such a challenging time putting together my Vintage Crown DL2's Components;
DL2 power module
DL2 Controller
FM1 Tuner
EQ2
SA2 Amps (2 of them)
S&W 801's Speakers
I found it difficult to understand what went in where. Without the members of this forum help i could not of figured it out myself as soon as i did. Which it still took a long time going back and forth for help. And i had all but one of the original manuals that came with it. Thats why i asked. Thanks for your info.

Is it a two channel system or Home Theater?? And there are cities but I lost them at the moment but for any given piece "Youtube" is your friend. And if you see something there ... you can check here to confirm first.

Not what you asked exactly but that's a start. I don't give instructions on "hooking up stuff myself." I did manage as a "tag along on a thread" to hook up my LX 5's and Sansui SP 1200's to my Pioneer AVR that only has one main channel for front speakers and have not blown anything up! :)

And now ... looking over stuff ... I see some Boston Acoustics AV 50's, I have are Bi Amp capable! I have amps ... AVR's and a Rotel RX 603 with pre amp out or a NAD 1020 and separate amps. So you know ... what to do what to do???

Crutchfield has all that kind of info on their website. WWW.crutchfield.com
Yes they do! I should have posted but I find they "annoying." You have to dig threw for "home audio" stuff. A lot of it is geared to "Car Audio."

But yeah the home info is still there. Back in the day they published a "Manual" that showed how to hook up everything ... "Mid Fi" anyway. They may still publish it ... I don't know???

Yes they do! I should have posted but I find they "annoying." You have to dig threw for "home audio" stuff. A lot of it is geared to "Car Audio."

But yeah the home info is still there. Back in the day they published a "Manual" that showed how to hook up everything ... "Mid Fi" anyway. They may still publish it ... I don't know???
I have one of the old home audio / theater books but it's outdated. :)
The website should be current and they'll likely send a current instruction book if you asked.

I have one of the old home audio / theater books but it's outdated. :)
The website should be current and they'll likely send a current instruction book if you asked.
Mostly you are correct! Inasmuch as they are still around and still selling current stuff! 5.1 was the "thing" when I got my copy.

I pretty much jumped off the bandwagon, there, and then it went to 6.1 (briefly) and then 7.1 9.1 and 11.1 and I have no idea where the "madness" is today??

But I swear I thought something about 34 some odd speakers?? In a SOTA home Theater setup ... WTH?? But I thought I saw something like that somewhere??? Maybe Dolby Labs or something???

That's just to much madness for me. If one gives a crap about "timber matching" and I do ... in a modest home ... your gonna run out of real estate. I like my Boxes. :)

Is it a two channel system or Home Theater?? And there are cities but I lost them at the moment but for any given piece "Youtube" is your friend. And if you see something there ... you can check here to confirm first.

Not what you asked exactly but that's a start. I don't give instructions on "hooking up stuff myself." I did manage as a "tag along on a thread" to hook up my LX 5's and Sansui SP 1200's to my Pioneer AVR that only has one main channel for front speakers and have not blown anything up! :)

And now ... looking over stuff ... I see some Boston Acoustics AV 50's, I have are Bi Amp capable! I have amps ... AVR's and a Rotel RX 603 with pre amp out or a NAD 1020 and separate amps. So you know ... what to do what to do???

Two channel home system that i got from my brother about 20 years ago. I lately been wanting to hear it. Been missing my brother lately we used to listen to it together alot thought maybe it would connect me with him and bring back some great memories. Its a process to get it all correctly hooked up and i want to use the same components he had used originally with the end results bringing it to reach its fullest potential. Not easy for me but making progress. Thanks for your input!

Thanks for your post. Yes its two channel home system.

Its a vintage Crown DL2 stereo system bought in the early 80's and the manuals were very thorough with each equipment induvidually but not with all equipment that this system has and that it did not have a diagram of how it should be hooked up as a group.

Back
Top Bottom