Anyone know of a Diagram website for various audio hookups?

Hey i need to charge phone now. What time can we continue his ? It will.take an hour for.me.to be fully charged. Thanks very much for doing this with me.

The stereo switch suggests that you will only be using one amplifier and one pair of speakers.
This leaves me unsure about what the other amplifier is for. Can you get a picture of the full back on one of the speakers and another closer in of the input terminal area on the speaker.

The stereo switch suggests that you will only be using one amplifier and one pair of speakers.
This leaves me unsure about what the other amplifier is for. Can you get a picture of the full back on one of the speakers and another closer in of the input terminal area on the speaker.

This was my brothers stereo and i am just trying to hook it up again.. he use both of these amps when he had it hooked up. Trying to figure out how to be able to put both to use. Its a complicated system. But i know its possible

The amps only has rca inputs and here is a pic of the EQ2 they have balanced and unbalanced input channels that has the big plug ins not rca ...

Attachments

• 20190119_095155.jpg
    20190119_095155.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6
OK where are we now? I have been waiting for a response on your ability to hook up one amp to drive both speakers which is detailed in the SA-2 manual.

Let's see what we can do.

A couple comments on previous posts.

The comment about the manual having lots of info on hooking up the unit is true but in the case of Crown manuals which are kinda complete, it isn't a major portion of the manual.
The Crown DL-2 is a line level preamp and although it has inputs labeled Phono they are for line level phono amps to plug in so all inputs are the same.

One to hooking it up. Using one amp, more than enough, but we'll do two amps in a minute, here is the hook up according to the Crown manual for the PSA-2 amplifier, the pro version of the SA-2. The difference is you only have RCA inputs and not the ¼" TS (phone plug) inputs on the amp. You do have the TS inputs on your preamp. TS means Tip Sleeve , and the R on the TRS is for a three-conductor plug for Tip, Ring, Sleeve which we don't need to discuss right now.

Here is the back of the PSA-2
PSA-2 Rear.jpg

You can see the inputs M that is where you plug in the RCA cable from the DL-2
The switches below the inputs are the Mono-Stereo switch and you need to position it properly for the use of the amp. In stereo, One amp powering both speakers, it goes in stereo.
The next two slide switches should be slide to the right for home use. One is a very low filter and the other is a turnon delay, both very good for home audio use.

Below the switches are the speaker connections. The red and black on the left for one channel the red and black on the right for the other channel. If you use just one amp, I like to use the Channel 1 as Left and Channel 2 as Right as that would mean the control for the left channel on the front of the amp would be for the left channel.

Here is the wiring from the manual for this stereo hook up of the amplifier.

PSA-2 Stereo.jpg

But you said you wanted to hook up both amps. Did you get both amps to work properly? If so, sure let's do that. If not, hook up the stereo amp and get the one with the fan running all the time fixed. Then hook it up in stereo and get the other one tuned up. Then go for both amps in mono to drive the speakers.

That's the amps...next I'll go over the inputs.

Last edited:
OK where are we now? I have been waiting for a response on your ability to hook up one amp to drive both speakers which is detailed in the SA-2 manual.

The comment about the manual having lots of info on hooking up the unit is true but in the case of Crown manuals which are kinda complete, it isn't a major portion of the manual.
The Crown DL-2 is a line level preamp and although it has inputs labeled Phono they are for line level phono amps to plug in so all inputs are the same.

One to hooking it up. Using one amp, more than enough, but we'll do two amps in a minute, here is the hook up according to the Crown manual for the PSA-2 amplifier, the pro version of the SA-2. The difference is you only have RCA inputs and not the ¼" TS (phone plug) inputs on the amp. You do have the TR inputs on your preamp. TS means Tip Sleeve , and the R on the TRS is for a three-conductor plug for Tip, Ring, Sleeve which we don't need to discuss right now.

View attachment 1391170

The switches below the inputs are the Mono-Stereo switch and you need to position it properly for the use of the amp. In stereo, One amp powering both speakers, it goes in stereo.
The next two slide switches should be slide to the right for home use. One is a very low filter and the other is a turnon delay, both very good for home audio use.

Below the switches are the speaker connections. The red and black on the left for one channel the red and black on the right for the other channel. If you use just one amp, I like to use the Channel 1 as Left and Channel 2 as Right as that would mean the control for the left channel on the front of the amp would be for the left channel.

View attachment 1391175

But you said you wanted to hook up both amps. Did you get both amps to work properly? If so, sure let's do that. If not, hook up the stereo amp and get the one with the fan running all the time fixed. Then hook it up in stereo and get the other one tuned up. Then go for both amps in mono to drive the speakers.

Hey keith, well i am trying to fivyre

One to hooking it up. Using one amp, more than enough, but we'll do two amps in a minute, here is the hook up according to the Crown manual for the PSA-2 amplifier, the pro version of the SA-2. The difference is you only have RCA inputs and not the ¼" TS (phone plug) inputs on the amp. You do have the TR inputs on your preamp. TS means Tip Sleeve , and the R on the TRS is for a three-conductor plug for Tip, Ring, Sleeve which we don't need to discuss right now.

View attachment 1391170

View attachment 1391175

Ok i did get one amp hooked up to both speakers using the original cables or cords one end is RCAand the other end is TRS. I had all three switches to the left position i will change that now.15479269458301603147156.jpg

Attachments

• 15479272033501107717548.jpg
    15479272033501107717548.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3
Be sure to change the speaker hook up, too.

The stereo hook up (amp playing 2 channels to 2 speakers) needs to use the Red/Black to one speaker and the other Red/Black to the other speaker.

Holy Crap! I seriously doubt Crutchfield would have been of much help to you???! It looks like ... your pretty much in the right place already! :)

Cause you jumped in the "Deep in the pool with that gear!" My brothers could not handle a passive subwoofer they did not use it and blew up my Ortofon two way speakers, way back in the day. Aw well the sub is fine (Visonic Sub One) from 1973 the speakers ... not so much. :(

Ah well long way of saying .. it's not just you, I'd be lost also and I know what I'm doing ... more or less, most of the time. :)

I also had these original cables that belonged to this stereo. Maybe we need these When using both amps?

Holy Crap! I seriously doubt Crutchfield would have been of much help to you???! It looks like ... your pretty much in the right place already! :)
She is in the right place. I can walk her through everything with this system except the speakers as I sold it and have a DL-2 and used to have a PSA-2. Just need comfirmations of the work done and sometimes pictures but we are getting there. Fortunately these are Crown amps and if there are wiring errors, I hope it is like when my DC-300a has a stray strand touching red to black...overheat quickly, shutdown repeat.

I hope the speakers are disconnected at the amplifier before the mono-stereo switch is changed and then the speakers are hooked up properly after that. I don't want these amps burned up, exploded, fried by having the two channel hots connected when the switch is moved from mono to stereo. But I don't know if Crown has these protected from that error.

But as you say, deep end. Yes this can be a very complicated first vintage stereo.

She is in the right place. I can walk her through everything with this system except the speakers as I sold it and have a DL-2 and used to have a PSA-2. Just need comfirmations of the work done and sometimes pictures but we are getting there. Fortunately these are Crown amps and if there are wiring errors, I hope it is like when my DC-300a has a stray strand touching red to black...overheat quickly, shutdown repeat.

I hope the speakers are disconnected at the amplifier before the mono-stereo switch is changed and then the speakers are hooked up properly after that. I don't want these amps burned up, exploded, fried by having the two channel hots connected when the switch is moved from mono to stereo. But I don't know if Crown has these protected from that error.

But as you say, deep end. Yes this can be a very complicated first vintage stereo.

Back
Top Bottom