Anyone know Sony belt size?

eb2jim

I'm trying to figure out how to find this square belt for a TC-FX110 by a regular EVG size/code. Sony lists a 3-390-816-01. It seems to be replaced in other models by 3-913-846-11. Anyone know?

Also, if anyone goes looking in the future the 3-390-835-01 belt is easily found as SCY5.2.

The 3-527-150-XX Capstan/counter belt is easily found as SBS7.0

Another good source if you figure out the size and profile of the belt you need ... You also need to know the diameter of any square belt so it sits right in the pulleys.

www.studiosoundelectronics.com

One trick is to tie a piece of dental floss around the pulleys, cut it off, and measure that. Should get you close. Keep in mind any new belt will probably stretch some before it settles down, so go for a somewhat tighter fit. Not too much, as that can affect speed.

Thanks for the links. I did some more sleuthing using the Sony part numbers, and I am gathering that size and speed were not too critical on these units. The service manual specs out 3-390-816-01, and their substitution updates recommend 3-913-846-11 which appears to have been used in Walkmans quite a bit. These translate through an authorized parts web site - along with another sub belt - as varying from 3.6, 4.6 and 5.2" square belts. I guess you just stretched them on to the pulleys and let them do their thing.

Reviving this thread as I plan to replace the belts in Sony TC-FX110. From service manual:
  • 3-390-835-01
  • 3-390-816-01
  • 3-390-807-01
  • 3-561-892-00

One trick is to tie a piece of dental floss around the pulleys, cut it off, and measure that. Should get you close. Keep in mind any new belt will probably stretch some before it settles down, so go for a somewhat tighter fit. Not too much, as that can affect speed.

^^^ this.

Back
Top Bottom