Anyone know what this is ?

jptinc

john
Subscriber
I bought it in a thrift store for $3.00.
IMG_7015.JPG IMG_7017.JPG It's well made and was packed with care in a box. Seems like it was originally $35.00..

A high frequency traveling wave tube or oscillator?
Any markings on the box?

Mark T. :music:
That don't look like any TWT I've ever seen.

This is a TWT.. And I've seen , replaced and aligned many in electronic warfare RF amplifiers. ie radar jamming systems AN/ALQ-135
teledyne-twt-communications.jpg

Last edited:
It's the new improved as seen on tv hand held☆ Flux Capacitor, just $19.99, and if you act now you get a second Flux Capacitor free, just additional shipping and handling, so don't miss this deal, quantities are limited.

The hand held Flux Capacitor is improved to be used without the requirement of a Delorian, but must have the ability to run 88mph.

Last edited:
I assume the tube ends at the little cap at the end of the glass. The part with the slot is an added base. So that looks like another connection as well.
Not sure what it is but it looks like it was built to deal with substantial power. Somebody will figure it out. If not, submit a post to one of the antique radio forums. But please, let us know.

BillWojo

Says right on the box, it's a radio resistor icon. Keeps out evil radio signals, some worship those.

No the box it came said nothing.
A high frequency traveling wave tube or oscillator?
Any markings on the box?

Mark T. :music:
Nope no markings on the box, but the box i came in could with stand a 4 food drop test and survive.

Back
Top Bottom