Anyone know what's up with Triode Electronics?

labjr

I want to order a transformer for an amp I'm servicing. But I'm afraid I'll have a problem. I called several times over the past two weeks I never get anyone.I left a message. Never received a call back. I emailed and finally got a brief response telling me, the transformers are on order, coming in next week. But answered no other questions.

I don't want to place an order and wait indefinitely for shipment. The customer will change their mind.

There are complaints on their Facebook page and on other sites about them taking months to ship items. Shipping incomplete orders, etc.

Anyone here have problems with them?

Wonder if it's the recent Chinese trade issues plugging up the pipeline?

Give Dynakit parts a try, they have been awesome for me. Not sure they have what your looking for but might be worth a try.

Gregb

I want to order a transformer for an amp I'm servicing. But I'm afraid I'll have a problem. I called several times over the past two weeks I never get anyone.I left a message. Never received a call back. I emailed and finally got a brief response telling me, the transformers are on order, coming in next week. But answered no other questions.

I don't want to place an order and wait indefinitely for shipment. The customer will change their mind.

There are complaints on their Facebook page and on other sites about them taking months to ship items. Shipping incomplete orders, etc.

You have answered your own question. You have called and received no reply back. There is ample negative comments about their service. Time to move on unless you are a glutton for punishment.

I too sent an email asking about the transformers on their site and never received a reply.

I've tried to call Triode Electronics multiple times and there is never any answer. Last time I ordered from them was probably 2012, and back then they were speedy and prompt, and the A431 transformers I ordered performed perfectly. But recently I have not been getting good response from them.

So today I called Dynakit parts--The owner Kevin answered on the 2nd ring and we talked for a few minutes about the transformers I wanted. I had questions about the A470 interleaving--whether or not it was an exact clone of the original, if they tore down an original unit to determine this information or not, and questions about the manufacturing process.

Well, I placed an order and he said my transformers will be in the mail tomorrow. Excellent service, and knowledgeable guy.

I hope Triode Electronics can address their customer service issues because I think they offer great stuff.

I have also had good experiences with Dynakit Parts. Very good service when I ordered a transformer and some other parts for my ST-70 and PAS2.

Dynakit has been great. I just ordered a few knobs and they arrived in just a few days. They have always been fast shipping and I've never had any problems contacting them.

From my perspective,life is too short and there are too many other truly viable options available to be pissing around and wasting time with businesses that fall into the sloppy-operator category. Benefit of the doubt? Screw that,move on:)
+1,,, Vote with your wallet,,, sellers/suppliers will step up or disappear...

Another vote for Dynakit Parts - I got 2 MKIII kits from them the other year, they delivered to my office (right down the block), and thus no shipping charges. Right on time, too, and wow the packaging was excellent.

Yup, Dynakitparts for me too. I have been buying all my supplies from them for years. Have had great service and never a problem that was not addressed immediately.

So I know this is an old thread, but almost a year later Triode's customer service is still abysmal. I wish I would have read this thread prior to doing business with them. Just wanted to resurface that this company is not a company to do business with...

Triode was excellent back in the day, when Ned Carlson worked there. They were in the city then, not too far from Wrigley, so when I needed something I could stop in and buy it over the counter.

They're now way out in the boonies, and their customer service has gone down the tubes. Last time I ordered from them was a couple of years ago, when I needed a bunch of RCA jacks. The jacks were fine, and reasonably priced, but it took them a couple of months to get them to me, with no communication while I was waiting. I could have gotten them faster from a Chinese seller on eBay. I haven't bothered with them since.

Back
Top Bottom