anyone own a Snell Type B ?

bendoggie

i just received a call from a flipper I know who got his hands on a Snell Type B in excellent shape. I know nothing about these. Any info would be welcome.

I just recently found a pair of B Minors and can tell you they are the least compromised speaker I've ever owned in 25 years of audiophilia. I would imagine the B's are amazing. Now I just need to find an amp that does them justice:)

I just recently found a pair of B Minors and can tell you they are the least compromised speaker I've ever owned in 25 years of audiophilia. I would imagine the B's are amazing. Now I just need to find an amp that does them justice:)

Only speaker in the last 6 years that I haven't grown tired of and flipped. Amazing imaging and one of the only speakers I've heard with sub 20 hz low frequency extension that doesn't sound boomy and unrealistic. Kevin Voecks did a masterful job on the B minor. The Stereophile review, not easy to find, is worth the read.

The big Snells seem to be quite rare. Very intrigued by them. With the Bs Stereophile keeps mentioning the "slow, ponderous bass" and "somewhat restricted image depth" lol. And "the equivalent of a Telarc recording--intially very impressive, but ultimately unsatisfying." Still wanna hear them though!

file:///C:/Users/ben/Pictures/audioscans/Audio-1992-09.pdf

I own the big Snells, and I have not auditioned any speakers since I got them because they are that amazing. I had them bi-amped with 2 mac amps when I first heard them in my listening area. It was a spiritual experience. Than I tried the Kora amp. Well, I subsequently sold both Mac amps and only run the Galaxy on them now. The sound is pure and huge. The bass is deep, fast, and well controlled even with pipe organ music.

Kora and Snells.jpeg Macs and Snells.jpg

If you don't go and get them, get in touch with me. They have been on my dream list for years. I own 3 other sets of Snells and this is the one I have always wanted.

I realize this thread is dated, but I wanted to include that I just bought a pair of snell type b full range speakers.

Attachments

• 3E15DCBB-ABCC-4696-A718-A32FE1387557.jpeg
    3E15DCBB-ABCC-4696-A718-A32FE1387557.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom