Anyone play a Martin CEO-7?

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by louisjames, Jul 24, 2018.

1. louisjames

louisjames The "real" Louis James Subscriber

If so, any thoughts? I've watched the videos and read the reviews but would like some hands-on input from another AK'er if anyone has one or has spent time with one.

Thanks
    Jon

P.S. If you had the choice between a CEO-7 and a standard D28 which might you pick?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

Having never handled a CEO-7 but hundreds of D-28s, I'd peobably go w/ the model I know. However, that said, I've long preferred model D-18 to D-28, but beyond those my very favourites, where Martins are concerned, are its various 00- and 000- models.

cratz2 likes this.
  3. louisjames

louisjames The "real" Louis James Subscriber

Thank you for the feedback. I've always favored mahogany b/s to rosewood which to my ears has too much "bloom" and overtones for the playing I do. That said, I'm more in the Gibson and Gibson style acoustic camp as I like that "dry thump". Although my go-to is still my beat-to-crap Guild D40. The CEO-7 looks interesting as it adds some richness of tone that the Gibson small bodies do not. I actually had a chance to play a D28 earlier today and it's not for me.

4. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

As am I, esp. the J-45 configurations, but also some of the older models, e.g., Southern Jumbo and the Advanced Jumbo.