Anyone repair projectors?

cartop

I have a Sony VPL-HW20a SXRD Pj that I believe has a bad panel. It is showing a yellow tint on the image and I tried the obvious, changed hdmi cable, tried a new lamp,cleaned filter and lens and the problem is still there.
I am in central mass and was wondering if anyone here might know someone in my area that repairs PJ's. Thanks for any help.

The unit was introduced in 2010 and discontinued in 13. So you got a great 5 to 8 years. The units is obsolete and I doubt Sony supports the unit any more. Some one might be able to resuscitate it, but with all the changes in the 10 years since it was developed, I would just look for something new. Its a bitter pill to swallow but thats what happens when buy a product designed and built on the edge of the performance envelope. We sold barcos, runco, Sony, kloss, NEC, Cannon and many other projectors over the years and you are one of the lucky ones to have had this long of service without issues. I had to change lamps every nine months on my Sony. and that was pricey. Imagine the earlier units with the three projection tubes. What a pain. I paid way to much even with a big discount for my Pioneer elite plasma. But its ten years old and going strong. I'm keeping fingers crossed that it will last until 75 inch OLED prices will drop next year.

Thanks twiiii. I did endup going with a new PJ. I found a local place that told me the same thing you did so if I was going to spend more than the Sony really was worth I just retired it. The budget was tight being on a fixed income so I went with the Benq MH530fhd and so far I really like it. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom