Anyone seen "Goldmember"?

Walt

So what were your thoughts?

I saw it last w/e and I must admit to being left a bit disappointed. I guess the same old gags are wearing a bit thin third time around. There were still some hilarious moments but it just didn't have the magic of "International Man of Mystery" and "The Spy Who Shagged Me".

I wonder if they'll go a fourth? I suppose that depends on how this one grosses at the box office, but I do wish they would know when to put a good thing to bed!

:)

I agree, Walt. Movie producers seem to have little artistic discretion, instead relying on the market to tell them when an idea is played out. As long as it makes money......Yeah, Baby!

The list of crummy sequels is a huge one. Remember how mediorce the Indiana Jones sequels were?:puke: Or Smokey and the Bandit II?:stupid: How about the Home Alone sequels? (assuming you could stand the first one):bash:

It's hard to make sequels that are as good as the original, I agree with THOR on Indiana Jones, especially some moments of humor in those movies (the whip, or indiana's dad). The you have some pretty pathetic sequels, such as Friday the 13th :puke:

Chris

Hey, wait a minute, Thor, Conan the Destroyer was a good movie, excepting the ending. I'll trade you and Indiana Jones sequel for a Conan any day!:D :D

Oh my gawd! Conan the Destroyer was awful! Watered down PG version with weak bloodless down swordplay and no gratuitous sex or naked breasts BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dammit why did I think of that Ckelly!!!! Those are worse than Conan the Destroyer. Highlander is so good too!

Back
Top Bottom