Anyone seen the colorized version of "Miracle on 34th Street"?

Big Tuna

Too Much Power!
I have heard that it is only on Laserdisc, am I wrong? I have it and me and my family watched it on Christmas eve and immensely enjoyed it and my sis-in-law's eyes were so big and she was watching in awe, saying she had never seen this movie in color.

Yes, I have. As a matter of fact I own it on VHS. Indeed, I just commented on it on the colorized movies thread a few days ago.

So why do you ask?:scratch2:

Next Christmas, watch one of the newer versions on a B&W television to balance out the experience.:D

Yes , the latest DVD version comes with both the B & W & colorized version , this year i watched the colorized version , it looks really good , but i enjoy the B & W of course .

I have it on colorized laserdisc, and on B/W videotape.

When colorized stuff came out, I hated it. Somehow it bothers me less now than it once did; I just try to look at it as a quaint technology, much like those old hand-painted illustrations in some old books (dating from before color photography). But generally I like to view movies in their original format, whatever it was. That includes color vs. B/W, and also language. That is, I'd rather watch a foreign movie with original language and subtitles (where needed), than dubbed. I haven't watched the "Miracle" LD in a long time; didn't watch it this past Christmas since I wasn't home for the holidays. So I can't comment meaningfully on the color in it, before watching it again. It's a great movie, though! Anyway, when colorization is WELL done, it doesn't bother me so much --not as much as it used to, anyway.

I love this movie in black and white.

But if you like the color version, that's cool.

It is simply a great movie.

I saw it in colour on TV one time...... Disgusting!!

I prefer my VHS copy which is black and white :)

I've got a custom setting on my flat panel that gives me B&W on demand ... try The Wizard of Oz that way - you'll like it!

Looking like one of THOSE arguments ...

Should I use an equalizer when listening to a colorized version?

<BIFF!!>
(owwwwwww)

Thanx ... I needed that ... ;-}

pdm4606 said:
Do you mean the colorized version or the newer version? Both suck.

I saw the colourised version of the original years ago..... It seemed wierd and out of place...... I much prefer the original :)

Back
Top Bottom