Anyone shoot a Hatsan AT44S 10 QE ...

BrocLuno

Lunatic Member
Just ordered one while my QB78 is down awaiting seals ... Wonder what your experiences have been ...

Late to the party, i have the AT-P2 which is based heavily on the AT-44 action except uses only a 10 inch bbl and a much smaller reservoir.

I also have the BT-65 in the QE trim which i have modified a bit. The QE shroud system does bring down the bark quite a bit. But, it's still by far my loudest airgun.

There is a fella in England that makes a supplemental moderator for FX shrouded rifles that simply screws into the existing shroud in place of the end cap. I see no reason why this couldn't be done with the Hatsan. You may also be able to experiment with the baffle order/placement and get the report down a bit more.

The Turks build an impressive airgun. I think you will be very pleased with an AT-44. My AT was a one holer out of the box at 25 yards, a little tweaking and seat time has me shooting one hole 5 round groups out to about 40 yards with it. The BT with a full length bbl and significantly more power keeps dime size groups out to about 80 yards or so with JSB kings, it'd easily take that out 30 or 40 more yards with a heavier pellet.

I'm happy enough with the Hatsan product that i will be buying another this fall, the Gladius.

I'll post a couple pics later this morning.

EDIT: This is what i've done with the BT-65. It was inspired by several AT-44's that i had seen given this treatment. It was difficult to find many folks doing anything with the BT-65 platform. So, i eventually contracted Derek of Guntuning in Poland to cut me a bullpup from Walnut as well as machine barrel bands to fit the QE shroud(something that probably hadn't been done before). Derek also fabricated the trigger and a basic linkage solution which i have further modified to reduce travel and put some "feel" back into it. It still retains the full adjustability of the factory quattro trigger(which you will really like). I've modified the stock to change the butt angle slightly, and installed a Morgan adjustable buttplate. This winter i'll revisit the finish and more ergonomic shaping of the pistol grip

Unlike the AT platform, the BT platform is heavy, and as far as rifles go, the factory stock version is very forward heavy and not much fun to hold. The bullpup conversion puts the entire platform in near perfect balance, target acquisition and holding are a breeze and pleasure, and it's a much friendlier package to carry thru brush, thick woods or rough terrain. I've shaved over a full pound off the curb weight of the factory version of the BT.

BT%20BP_zpsnfvtjibp.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, even the AT is a fair bit heavier than you really want in a "handy rifle". But the beastie is accurate and not too pellet sensitive. If it fits in the mag, it'll shoot :)

I love your BullPup reconfig :)

I would prolly not do the same, but I certainly want to reduce stock weight. I could live with a light wood stock if I could find one...

Back
Top Bottom