Anyone still have a Godfather's Pizza in their town?

Still have one in the Twin Cities. Haven't been there in years though. Recently seen that a Holidays gas station store was selling their pizza by the slice. Very expensively though I may add.

Not to be too OT but then there's Little Sleazer's - :no: can't do it, no way.
Same with our local Mazzio's too. Bad, bad.

I'm lucky to have some local options that run rings around any of the big chains ...

My go to for a right tasty pie ...

riccardispizza6.jpg

They even stock and sell orange NeHi! What's a pie without NeHi I say?? ;-}

** Fun NeHi fact - RC cola originally sold as "Chero Cola" with the NeHi label. I still think that's the best cola ever.

I'm lucky to have some local options that run rings around any of the big chains ...

My go to for a right tasty pie ...

riccardispizza6.jpg

They even stock and sell orange NeHi! What's a pie without NeHi I say?? ;-}

** Fun NeHi fact - RC cola originally sold as "Chero Cola" with the NeHi label. I still think that's the best cola ever.
RC cooler.jpg

My pizza comes from a little family owned shop with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh 'shrooms, and ground bison or elk offered fer them what wants it.
The Nehi's come from my old box on the porch. Those old coolers had the Nehi logo on the ends, RC on the front.
Keeping the cooler stocked is a problem. The beer just seems to disappear, and whenever grandkids come, they really get into the whole glass bottle and bottle opener thing. They open one, take a single sip, and then give it their mom or dad, and run over to the cooler to pop another one. I don't discourage 'em. And I keep Moon Pies in the cooler, too.

Last edited:
My pizza comes from a little family owned shop with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh 'shrooms, and ground bison or elk offered fer them what wants it.
The Nehi's come from my old box on the porch. Those old coolers had the Nehi logo on the ends, RC on the front.
Keeping the cooler stocked is a problem. The beer just seems to disappear, and whenever grandkids come, they really get into the whole glass bottle and bottle opener thing. They open one, take a single sip, and then give it their mom or dad, and run over to the cooler to pop another one. I don't discourage 'em. And I keep Moon Pies in the cooler, too.
You sound like a fun grandpa.

There is still one in the Salt Lake valley. I haven’t been in years.
Last time I went I was disappointed. Their pizza was great, from what I remember, when I was young. Fresh ingredients, lots of cheese.
Remember "Pipes and Pizza" on State street in South Salt Lake?

Phil's pizza, on 35th St. in the Bridgeport neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago. Traditional "old neighborhood" thin crust cut in squares. This was my favorite.

CA50A34B-EDE5-4991-A3E7-C4CC950188B2.JPG

I never liked Godfather's.I thought their cheese was overly greasy.That and they piled so many toppings on,that the slices would fall over,and the stuff would fall off and into your lap when you picked one up.Just another unpleasant memory of the 1980s.

There is still a Godfathers in New Market, VA. Been meaning to stop there for years and finally did about 6 months ago. Thought it was pretty good. Not sure it tasted the same as back in the day when they were all over. There are still a few of them around apparently.

Back
Top Bottom