Anyone use ashly equalizers?

I'm a big fan of Ashly equipment. I used their crossovers, EQ's, and limiters.
Their early stuff (70's) is rock solid.
I've got their 90's MQX stuff and love it.
Just running through flat makes things sound richer.

Mine was a PA system I carted around for club gigs.
Ran them into Crown amps and out to JBL mains and monitors.
The holy trinity as far as I'm concerned.

Seen that too. what does it do?[/
Takes the audio signal and reduces the volume / harshness at the low end and can raise it at the high end . Restores the volume as it leaves the unit but with different characteristics . Softens bass response and protects your amp from spikes in the signal level level entering it . Consequently they protect your speakers too . You have to listen to one to understand . They’re not hard to use They are known as pro audio gear and many recording studios use them . . I have 6 . I use mine off turntables .
Curious as to the model you saw .Get it . If you don’t like I will buy it from you lol

Last edited:
Just running through flat makes things sound richer.

Mine was a PA system I carted around for club gigs.
Ran them into Crown amps and out to JBL mains and monitors.
The holy trinity as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone know the voltage output of the EQ's ? I got a 1502 on the way. id like to remove the APHEX 24a set out of the mix if I could. currently I am using them but I am thinking my NAD M15 should put out enough volts to not need them. then I am going to put the EQ in their place

Ashly equipment is the shizznizzle.

I built some 2-way OBs and was looking for an active crossover - all I could afford was really crappy behringer gear. Sure enough, once I got it (brand new), it took about 3 days to stop working properly in one channel. Never again.

In terms of active EQs, dbx is the next step up from behringer, then Ashly is a significant improvement from dbx again IMO.

Last edited:
Just running through flat makes things sound richer..

I had an Alesis compressor/ limiter mailed to me on Monday.
Tuesday it was on cl.
Today it went out the door.
Absolutely the worst piece of gear I have ever bought.
DOD. DBX, Boss microseries, Ashly..all better.

Does anyone know the voltage output of the EQ's ? I got a 1502 on the way. id like to remove the APHEX 24a set out of the mix if I could. currently I am using them but I am thinking my NAD M15 should put out enough volts to not need them. then I am going to put the EQ in their place

In a very broad sense what comes out is what went in. Of course, some EQs can increase/decrease level/gain and boosting any of the level sliders I'd think would increase output some, relative to input.

In the big picture though I'd probably consider them as unity gain devices. Since, if the net output is higher because of boosted levels using the sliders, it's usually suggested to bring the net output level back down to unity (meaning voltage out = voltage in) with the EQ level/gain controls.

Last edited:
I'll have to check and get back to you on the voltage.

For compression DBX 160's.
I've got a bank of DBX 166's, they are excellent.
Tight gate and wisper quite, it that's what you're going for.
I think the 266's would be OK.

I would avoid Alesis and Beringer.
Haven't used DOD or BOSS compressors but I like their other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom