Anyone use this as a HT receiver before?

Bamadawg

I have been looking for a Mos-Fet based receiver, and ran across this on Ebay - jus wondered if anyone had any experience or comments?

Technics SA-DA10: Built 2000-2001 - 100wpc into 5.1 @ 6ohms - Orig Retail $800

VGCA (Variable Gain Control Amplifier) achieves 113 dB S/N under actual use, ready for high quality sound source like DVD-Audio. Built-in Dolby Digital9 (AC-3)/DTS2 decoder. MOS-FET output stage for excellent sound quality with power bandwidth up to 70kHz. Technics DVD-Audio/Video player unified design with aluminum front panel and light-blue LED. Anti-vibration construction with THCB (Technics Hybrid Cast Base). High quality power transformer and volume control Home Theater Mode:equal high power output of 100W(20Hz-20kHz, 6ohms,0.09% THD) per Right/Left/Center/Surround Left/Surround Right channels. Dolby Pro Logic Surround is available. Powerful stereo mode:100W per channel (20Hz-20kHz, 6ohms, 0.09%THD). 6-ch discrete inputs connectable with decoder built-in DVD player.

Would this make a decent entry-level receiver mated to Whafedale Movie-Star 70+ 5.1 system rated @ 100wpc @ 4ohm. I picked the speakers up on Audiogon for $200 including stands, not bad - I thought. Now I need something to power them with. It will be a totally dedicated 5.1 receiver, as I use vintage tube-gear for all my music.

Any comments are welcomed.

Many Thanks...
Nate

This would make a very decent 5.1 system. It was Technics big jump into the DVD-Audio/DVD movie arena. Not a bad piece.

The physical configuration of that unit resembles my Panasonic SA-HE100 "AV Control Receiver".

I believe mine is about 2 years newer, and it has MOSFET design as well.

I am fairly pleased with it's performance as a HT receiver.

I have the technics DVD A10 DVD Audio player you are talking about. This is one of the best DVD A machines built to date even though its 4 years old. They retailed for about 1200.00 when they first came out. Extremely good top notch build quaility. You would need to spend about a grand for a dvd player today in order to get the same build quality. This unit was also used by many magazines as there reference player too.

I saw one on ebay a couple of months ago go for about 325.00

Back
Top Bottom