Anyone using TV as source?

GChief

Confused about Vinyls
Subscriber
Just wondering if I will lose anything playing Amazon, iTunes and Pandora from the optical out of my Samsung TV thru a DAC to my PAS2. This is mostly for some kind of remote volume control when playing "back ground" music. Right now its a Kindle, iPad/iPhone from a 3.5mm to RCA 25ft cable plugged into the PAS2 with the volume set to 11 and controlling input from whichever device is being used at the time. So there is always a wire in the way.

Now that I ask that my brain says "hey will you even have volume control of the optical out?"

Thanks

Edit: Never mind the silly question :dunno:, but I will leave this up for a good laugh :beerchug:

I am thinking it maybe hard to control the amplitude of light with a volume button...o_O

Last edited:
I think a Chromecast Audio (CCA) would do what your'e looking for, or a Airport Express. Not sure about the kindle tho.

Eric

Thanks Eric
Yeah, I was trying to get by with just a DAC and a Cable to step up the SQ and get rid of the ever present cable hanging from the loft, we live in a tiny house and every inch counts.

Guess I could always install a motorized pot kit in the PAS2.

I'd think a wireless solution would be easier than a motorized pot and all that.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom