1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Anything good here?

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by aethertech, Mar 9, 2017.

1. aethertech

aethertech Member

Im aware of technics, as a brand. But not the bottom one.

Dont know about specific product details though.

Attached Files:

2. motorstereo

motorstereo the wonder of it all Subscriber

I don't see anything special. But if you need an eq that one would more than likely be fine. The other 2 units would also be ok for a garage or a secondary rig.

3. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

The top unit is not a tuner. It is a receiver. I agree that the equalizer is the best of the bunch. I personally have no use for an equalizer; you might not either. I'd keep looking.

4. aethertech

aethertech Member

Either of those Technics better than a Denon DRA-365R?

5. Raynald

Raynald AK Subscriber Subscriber

No. Sliders for volume and tone controls are usually a bad sign. Those are low end units that would be considerably worse than the Denon.

6. Putterman

Putterman Super Member

While I hold Technics in higher regard than most, those are not worth the $60 price (each!) tag that I see in the pics, esp. the equalizer on the bottom. Full disclosure, I have the top one (SA-110 receiver) and use it in a portable sound system and have an SA-160 receiver I use as a bedroom system. http://www.vintagetechnics.stereomanuals.com/menu.htm has a description of all these items including the equalizer. I will say that in my limited experience they've held up better than other brands. They also are fairly compact.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  7. aethertech

aethertech Member

Ok, thanks for the info guys.