Apartment Audio Help

Submariner

Apartment Audio Help - Headphones

:music::music::music::music::music::music::music::music:

Okay I live in an apartment and you can look at my equipment in Signature and see where I'm going with this post. I did search on headphones and cans and read what most people own, like and dislike. I owned Koss Pro-4AA headphones during the 70s and that is my only non-commercial headphone experience.

My question is in multiple part form

Wired vs. wireless when it comes to sound quality do wireless take a hit? The specs look just as good on wireless but I haven't demo'd them.

If it is wired then I like Sennheiser and Grado, maybe AKG

If it's wireless then I am interested in listening to a EU only pair of AKG HEARO 787 SURROUND. Any European AK'rs want to help with that? The other wireless choice is Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones

I'm interested in listening to both Hi-Fi and DVDs

Any thoughts help or experience you can share would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wired vs. wireless when it comes to sound quality do wireless take a hit? The specs look just as good on wireless but I haven't demo'd them.
In my experience yes, the wireless ones are not as good. I've used some RF wireless Sennheisers (not sure if they're the same ones you mention). They're good, but not anywhere close to a good set of wired phones. Part of the trouble is the fact that there's a lot of interference on the 800MHz/2.4KHz frequency bands, due to microwave ovens, cordless phones, wireless routers and so on. Wireless headphones may stack up well in lab tests, but real-world use is often a different story.

Headphones have seen a lot of improvement since ye olde days. In terms of price/performance they almost always outstrip loudspeakers by a substantial margin.

Back
Top Bottom