APC H15 Power Conditioner Owners

Duane

AK Member
Subscriber
Any owners of this power conditioner care to comment on the reliability of this unit? Pros/ Cons?

In the beginning stages of looking for a replacement of a 20+ year old Panamax conditioner. Looked at newer Panamax conditioners(5300/5400) and some Furman conditioners. Not looking to spend more than $300, so this APC fits the bill.

Thanks.

I've had one for years but I've hardly used it. I think it's a decent enough unit but can't really comment on long term reliability.

The unit claims voltage regulation/stabilization, but be advised it is not a regulator in terms of holding the voltage solid at, say, 120V.

It has three ranges of correction, as I recall, 5%, 10%, and 15%.

So, even if you pick the 5% tightest range, the mains supply voltage can still fluctuate 114 to 126V (120 -/+5%) before it provides any boost/buck. For me, that meant it didn't do any material voltage stabilization because my AC mains rarely move from 120-122V. In the time I used it, some months, I think I heard it click in once for a split second.

Your Panamax no longer works?

I have the H15, and have had it since 2009 when I bought it new on clearance. No issues at all. I also own a Panamax 5500, and 7500-PRO, and I'm perfectly happy with my H15.

Back
Top Bottom