App to post to AK via Iphone?

Why an app?

I post here almost exclusively by smartphone these days. Granted, it's an Android-based phone, but no special app is necessary. I just just the Chrome browser. :dunno:

Actually this site is now very phone or tablet friendly be it iphone or android and no app is necessary now .before the site upgrade people used tapatalk but its not compatible now.

A year and a half ago they moved to, a new framework for the forum, I think? I think I described that right? And afterwards it was no longer compatible with tapatalk. Pretty sure admins have said it's not a priority. However, AK is actually easy enough to use on a mobile browser. No problems on my iPhone SE w/ 4inch screen.

App or no app I've always preferred accessing on a computer.

Seems fine here via safari on my iPhone 6S+ No special app here

Apptitude: The disgruntled feeling when one's app no longer works on forums.

No need for an app with the "responsive" layout of themes used by the forum software--it adapts to the given screen size automatically. Most good sites today do this, so visitors are not forced to clutter up their devices with unnecessary and/or unwanted apps.

Tapatalk is known among admins to be buggy, unreliable, poorly supported, and a security and privacy risk to the forum members who use it. I dumped it from forums I run about three or four years ago. Good riddance.

I, too, was wondering if there was an app. It's just kind of a chore to go into the browser on my iPad, but I mainly use my computer anyway, so it's no biggie, I reckon.

I find the responsive view to display just fine, but my big issue is actually typing out a response, and tapping small targets on the screen. I use a "swipe" keyboard to type out messages (I don't get into the "thumbs" thing) and it helps, but nothing beats a good ol' ergonomic keyboard for typing.

On Android you can add a shortcut to your home screen you just have to tap that opens the forum. Can't see it being much easier than that.

Back
Top Bottom