apple ipod and new computer

formuladale

My ipod will not let me put new songs in it from my new computer. My old computer crashed and now my ipod will not sync with new computer. I read somewhere I have to delete my ipod then apple will let me put new songs in from another computer. I have tried everything downloads ect. I have 160 gb ipod and only using 40 gb. Anyone else having same problems. I did get a pop up that said if I want to sync from computer it will delete ipod then sync songs from computer. Wow I should just stick with my other formats vinyl , tapes and cd's would be less headache. But the wife loves the ipod . Any help would be appreciated.:tears:

Do you still have the hard drive from old computer? If it is still good you can copy music to your new one and I would guess reload to Itunes and and still be able to up date Ipod as you add new music,

My ipod will not let me put new songs in it from my new computer. My old computer crashed and now my ipod will not sync with new computer. I read somewhere I have to delete my ipod then apple will let me put new songs in from another computer. I have tried everything downloads ect. I have 160 gb ipod and only using 40 gb. Anyone else having same problems. I did get a pop up that said if I want to sync from computer it will delete ipod then sync songs from computer. Wow I should just stick with my other formats vinyl , tapes and cd's would be less headache. But the wife loves the ipod . Any help would be appreciated.:tears:

If you want to keep the music on the I pod you need to buy a program that
transfers the I pod files back into the I tunes on your new computer . Then you can reformat it . I have used media widget

Do you still have the hard drive from old computer? If it is still good you can copy music to your new one and I would guess reload to Itunes and and still be able to up date Ipod as you add new music,

No hard drive crashed with motherboard.

transfers the I pod files back into the I tunes on your new computer . Then you can reformat it . I have used media widget

Will look into widget. This seems to be getting more involved and time consuming. I'm sure glad my vinyl will play on all my turntables without hassles. :thmbsp:

Are you effing kidding me?

Using an Apple product has to have its own ring in hell.

I did get a pop up that said if I want to sync from computer it will delete ipod then sync songs from computer. Wow I should just stick with my other formats vinyl , tapes and cd's would be less headache. But the wife loves the ipod . Any help would be appreciated.:tears:
Have you clicked on the ipod icon after connecting to itunes and then clicked "manually manage music."?

Have you clicked on the ipod icon after connecting to itunes and then clicked "manually manage music."?

Yes that is the box that is checked. It says manually manage music and videos. I tried all different kind of ways. On my old computer I would put in a cd and iTunes would ask if I would like to import cd and I would click yes. After that I would sync ipod and cd would be in ipod. Very simple. Is it that apple wants to control my ipod ?

What's the computer?

The original computer was a Toshiba with windows 7. That bit the dust. Then a couple weeks ago I bought a hp with windows 8.1 that computer was taken back because I did not like windows 8.1. I did try my Ipod on that and it did not work. Now I have an acer with windows 7 and ipod does not work on that either. All other functions work on my new acer. Ipod still works on my stereo just having problems putting music in. Its like apple will not let me put music in it from a different computer. Without erasing all the music that I already put in it. And there probably is no guarantee it would work after erasing ipod.

The original computer was a Toshiba with windows 7. That bit the dust. Then a couple weeks ago I bought a hp with windows 8.1 that computer was taken back because I did not like windows 8.1. I did try my Ipod on that and it did not work. Now I have an acer with windows 7 and ipod does not work on that either. All other functions work on my new acer. Ipod still works on my stereo just having problems putting music in. Its like apple will not let me put music in it from a different computer. Without erasing all the music that I already put in it. And there probably is no guarantee it would work after erasing ipod.

You should be able to plug the ipad into the computer via USB> then open iTuns on the new computer> the open your iPod in iTunes> sink with that computer> it will say you will lose you music on the iPad. But if it's on your other computer you will have it anyway.

Yep

You should also get the free iCloud that will make a lot of things easyer.

Yes that is the box that is checked. It says manually manage music and videos. I tried all different kind of ways. On my old computer I would put in a cd and iTunes would ask if I would like to import cd and I would click yes. After that I would sync ipod and cd would be in ipod. Very simple. Is it that apple wants to control my ipod ?

No! but if iTunes is the only music/audio player in your iPod you have to use it.

You may need to deauthorize your old computer first, you can make a one time deauthorize of all computer devices and then reauth or newly authorize another computer. Not sure though if will allow new music to be added or you need to load all your old cd music into your new computer. One thing might be to backup your ipod on your new computer if it will let younwithout deleting or reformating.

You should probably google the problem or go to the apple users forum where this problem has probably been discussed lots of times before.

Are you effing kidding me?

Using an Apple product has to have its own ring in hell.

I had the same thing happen to me . You build your music library in I tunes on your computer . This takes the most time . then you sync it to your
I pod . When your computer crashes all of your music is just on your I pod
The problem is the I pod to computer transfer . Apple makes this a problem.
That's where a outside vendor utility comes in handy . That's how I solved my problem .

Syncing with iTunes is a one way street. Recording industry made that mandatory to prevent sharing.

You can move it manually or use a 3rd party utility..some free some paid.

http://bit.ly/13nIlro

Syncing with iTunes is a one way street. Recording industry made that mandatory to prevent sharing.

You can move it manually or use a 3rd party utility..some free some paid.

http://bit.ly/13nIlro

Okay when I get a little extra time after the Holidays I will try this. And thanks for every ones help in this matter. Happy Holidays

Back
Top Bottom