apple lossless encoding and airtunes

styler

i have a new imac g5 with 250gb HD. i've been using apple lossless encoding and have 90gb of music stored now. stream it into a dynaco st 70 and klipsch heresys! the old and new. i have to say this is fantastic. the sound quality is great and i have 22 days of uninterrupted music i can access. for anyone wanting to set up their computer, mac or pc, go for it! its a great way to listen. i'm a vinyl nut and a bit of a purist but have found this sooooo convenient and fun i have no complaints about sound or functionality! :banana:

I have basically the same setup in my bedroom. A 17" G4 Powerbook connected to a Blue Circle CS Integrated amp with JMR Twin MKIII Speakers and a Music Hall MMF-CD25 CDP.

I use mine primarliy to maintain a backup of all my CDs, 1525 disks using around 85GB, with artwork, in ACC format. I've started importing a few LPs, but still have a way to go on that. I keep full copies of the digital files on removable firewire drives that are rotated between home and work.

You see, I lost my entire collection of LPs once and I swore that somehow I would never let that happen again. Thank goodness for the Apple Mac and iTunes! Yeah, I know it wouldn't be the same as the original disks, but sure beats the hell out of starting all over again.

-Dave

2.4ghz phone interference

this is real. had to replace phone. my airtunes would stop intermittently and it was driving me crazy. eventually stopped recognizing network altogether and after spending an hour with online support guy without resolution i ended the call. i called back the next day and got a more intelligent cubicle worker who from the start said "its your phone." despite my protestations i unpowered my phones.. worked flawlessly ever since. bought a 5.8ghz phone this week and still no problems.
tyler

styler said:
i have a new imac g5 with 250gb HD. i've been using apple lossless encoding and have 90gb of music stored now. stream it into a dynaco st 70 and klipsch heresys! the old and new. i have to say this is fantastic. the sound quality is great and i have 22 days of uninterrupted music i can access. for anyone wanting to set up their computer, mac or pc, go for it! its a great way to listen. i'm a vinyl nut and a bit of a purist but have found this sooooo convenient and fun i have no complaints about sound or functionality! :banana:

Been doing the same thing with MP3's since Napsters first days ;)

Back
Top Bottom