AR Chronos F25

fmueller

Is anybody familiar with these speakers? I'd like to find out a bit more, for example were they sold in the USA, personal experiences, anything really.

To give a bit of background, my brother bought those speakers ages ago in Germany when they were new. He still has them and loves them. From what I heard, at the time AR was trying to gain a foothold in the European market, especially Germany. Apparently AR failed in this endeavor and essentially retreated to the US. A friend of ours, who was trading in HiFi equipment at the time, had already fallen in love with AR and managed to snap up a pair of AR Chronos F25 for a bargain price, which he sold to my brother.

My brother just send me a copy of the sales brochure. Image attached.

AR Chronos F25.png

Those look to be quite good speakers. It is sort of hard to read the brochure even when you blow it up but looking at the drivers I would think he has a quality speaker. The tweeter looks to be a ring driver which many companies use in their higher end models, Polk being one in their LSi line from a few years ago.

@Drugolf - Ages ago is any time when I still had hair on my head! :biggrin:

The brochure is from 2002, so yup, they are not AR3 vintage.

@Boonaroo - The pdf of the brochure is a little large to upload here, but I put it on my site:

http://www.fmueller.com/pdf/Acoustic_Research_Chronos_2002_en_de.pdf

In Europe, they were Acoustic Research's top of the line at the time, but I heard AR had a special lineup for the European market. I'd be very curious to have that confirmed or denied, ie were those speakers sold in the US also, or were they Europe only?

Back
Top Bottom