Ar Lst 2

BeerCan

Tá mé ar meisce.
To continue the recent AR thread explosion.

Forget what I said in my other thread, after listening to these for a few hours. :thmbsp: I absolutly LOVE THEM. I have some nice speakers (B&W, Quart,dynaco etc) but these by far are my best sounding. I guess the woofers had to settle in a little. At first I had AJA in and they sounded bad overall. Made a very strange leap to Megadeth and they started coming alive. SRV sounded the best I have ever heard. Now I am listening to Miles Davis at the blackhawk and it is ALIVE. I was gonna sell these, now I am not so sure.

Sorry for gushing but these have put me in a seriously good mood.
ar.jpg

history on these is I got them from the original owner with a denon cd player and denon receiver for $100. Foams on woofers were bad and 1 tweeter had a wire loose. Corrected all the issues and now I feel I made my best score ever.

give AJA another spin and see how they do. and to everyone else, if you decide to sell them, i call first dibs!

Man these speakers were just made for jazz. Its so cool, my son came in my den layed on the floor and actually listened to Miles do bye bye blackbird. He then got up and started practising piano on his own. That in and of itself is testement to how good these sound.

S*it I'm gushing again.

like someone said "a lot of AR love going around today"! I am sure since I posted about my AR-2ax's that I found Saturday and refoamed and rehabed cosmetically before the day was through, that after refoaming the woofer needs to cure good and then get a good exersize! My 2ax's sounded good that Sat. night after the glue was dry but I have had them on since 6:00 this morning on my HK-730 and they just kept sounding better! I just got up from a listening session and I finally turned them off at about 10:30! I am also sure by the design of your AR's that room placement would make a big difference in just how awesome they can sound. Thats fun too, getting to play with different listening positions! Good Luck! Franksta

BerrCan-
Glad you're digging the speakers...there aren't a lot of better things in this hobby than finding a surpise deal....and it sound like you got an awesome one!

JC

Back
Top Bottom