Are alerts working?

vinyl1

I had been getting alerts on two watched threads, but no more.

It's not a big deal, since I can just go read the threads manually, but is this a known problem? It seems to have started the past weekend.

Apparently there is an issue with Microsoft mail servers not liking AK emails. I have requested delisting of our IP, and Luther is working from the server side of things.

I haven't been getting alerts since the server change. Everything seems to be set properly and I can see a list of alerts in my profile. My email address is there and is active but no email from AK. It's a @verizon.net address and it comes into an ipad, an iphone and a window 10 PC using windows live mail. I don't receive alerts on any of these platforms.

Any help?

- Pete

mine went glitchy whilst testing .. i was getting random email alerts even after i turned them off ..then i went in and turned them on again then straight off and it fixed it ..much like a dirty switch sort of thing ..

OK, I've turned everything off. Tomorrow I'll turn it on again and see what happens. Should I spray the monitor and keyboard with Deoxit?

- Pete

OK, I've turned everything off. Tomorrow I'll turn it on again and see what happens. Should I spray the monitor and keyboard with Deoxit?

- Pete
yes ..but you must wipe it off as quickly as possible then use compressed air .

To be clear, I am not getting alerts in the alert tab on the upper right-hand part of the screen. It seems to be working for quotes and likes, but not for watched thread updates.

I get alerts most of the time, but for a huge thread like the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, I'll get one or two, then.....nothing.

Apparently there is an issue with Microsoft mail servers not liking AK emails. I have requested delisting of our IP, and Luther is working from the server side of things.

I got a coversation alert email yesterday.

I didn't even notice that "alerts" notification on the upper right. That seems to be working but I haven't received an email notification since the server change.

- Pete

the alerts at the top right seem to stop if you don't participate in a thread for a day or so. I see many threads I have replied to that I used to be alerted when new posts were added but now I am only alerted for those I post in today or yesterday.

the alerts at the top right seem to stop if you don't participate in a thread for a day or so. I see many threads I have replied to that I used to be alerted when new posts were added but now I am only alerted for those I post in today or yesterday.

My experience as well.

I received a couple email notifications. I haven't tried to link them to thread updates but I doesn't seem like they are being generated by all the threads I post in. I'm glad it's heading in the right direction and appreciate all the work being done to keep the site humming.

- Pete

I don't really mind missing alerts ... almost hate to be reminded of what I posted sometimes. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom