Ian Dozol

I cannot find a thread of this nowhere in the whole internet!

I have recently purchased a Marantz DV7600 DVD SACD. It is working perfectly but it did not come with its remote. As this is a older model from 2007, I cannot find its corresponding remote "RC7600".

In ebay or other similar sites I only found the remote for the upgraded DV9600 from 2007. But it is way to expensive. Alternatively I am wondering if cheaper older RC remotes for older DVDs would work fine. An example I saw was a RC4000.

Another option I considered is purchasing a universal Logitech Harmony Remote but I really want to go the cheapest possible road.

Could anyone give me comments if an older RC remote for DVD would work well on my current equipment?

I still have not found an answer online so I called directly Marantz Parts Department (Tel. 201-762-6392) to request a remote. My remote model is obviously not available, and when asked if I could use a newer or older remote model, they could not tell me. They suggested me to check with Customer Service, but alas, they did not know either, although they asumed that probably not.

I finally decided to take the risk and I just purchased the RC001dv remote of eBay. This remote is the one included in all the Marantz DVDs that are one model newer than my DV7600. This remote works for: DV4001, DV6001, DV7001 (which is like the DV7600 but newer).

I will share my results once it arrives. Cheers!

Ok so because I never received a response in any forum I had to venture and purchase a replacement remote from another Marantz Model.

Let me tell you... YES IT DOES WORKS!

And it works PERFECTLY!

I got the remote RC001DV which belongs to a newer Marantz DVD model (Marantz DV4001, Dv6001 and Dv7001). From the first button I pressed, the RC001DV worked flawless with my DV7600. All functions and buttons work as intended. Even the functions with 2sec button hold!

The only thing missing in the control is the rewind and fast forward button, but the skip track buttons are there and work perfectly. I do not miss the rewind and fast forward at all.

The menu and selector keys work 100% well.

I could have gone with a Logitech Harmony Remote, but purchasing an original Marantz remote that is 98% as similar than the original model remote (but 100% accurate) seemed a better option. Also, I only paid $8USD for the remote in eBay. Way cheaper than a Harmony remote.

The lesson learned is that you CAN replace s Marantz remote for another model Marantz remote. At least with a newer model remote. Although I am willing to bet that an older model remote will work as well.

I hope this helps another Marantz customer in a similar situation.

Cheers!

IMG_4096.JPG

Ok so because I never received a response in any forum I had to venture and purchase a replacement remote from another Marantz Model.

Let me tell you... YES IT DOES WORKS!

And it works PERFECTLY!

I got the remote RC001DV which belongs to a newer Marantz DVD model (Marantz DV4001, Dv6001 and Dv7001). From the first button I pressed, the RC001DV worked flawless with my DV7600. All functions and buttons work as intended. Even the functions with 2sec button hold!

The only thing missing in the control is the rewind and fast forward button, but the skip track buttons are there and work perfectly. I do not miss the rewind and fast forward at all.

The menu and selector keys work 100% well.

I could have gone with a Logitech Harmony Remote, but purchasing an original Marantz remote that is 98% as similar than the original model remote (but 100% accurate) seemed a better option. Also, I only paid $8USD for the remote in eBay. Way cheaper than a Harmony remote.

The lesson learned is that you CAN replace s Marantz remote for another model Marantz remote. At least with a newer model remote. Although I am willing to bet that an older model remote will work as well.

I hope this helps another Marantz customer in a similar situation.

Cheers!

View attachment 950835
Hello Ian,

I am in the same situation that you were and have ordered today the rc001dv. Thank you very much for sharing your experience in the forum!!
Hopefully it also works with my 7600dv!

With kind regards

Hello Ian,

I am in the same situation that you were and have ordered today the rc001dv. Thank you very much for sharing your experience in the forum!!
Hopefully it also works with my 7600dv!

With kind regards
It will... 100% sure. Just another couple of things I have recently discovered is that I am not able to program a playlist with the RC001DV remote. Nothing too important as I prefer to listen to albums from track 1 till the end.

Apart from that, everything else works perfectly. The menu configuration,CD options, SACD options, and DVD options all work fine. And with the control you will be able to even turn the display lights on /off with the Audio EX Button next to the Eject button. Also I find the RC001DV remote more elegant and simple than the original RC7600DV.

Enjoy!

It will... 100% sure. Just another couple of things I have recently discovered is that I am not able to program a playlist with the RC001DV remote. Nothing too important as I prefer to listen to albums from track 1 till the end.

Apart from that, everything else works perfectly. The menu configuration,CD options, SACD options, and DVD options all work fine. And with the control you will be able to even turn the display lights on /off with the Audio EX Button next to the Eject button. Also I find the RC001DV remote more elegant and simple than the original RC7600DV.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much again, for these new tips!!!
Now I need to download the manual of the 7600dvd player and the remote, to learn all the possibilities of this player in detail...

Would this 7600dv player have a similar sound quality, with conventional CDs, than the Marantz Cd6006, a newer dedicated cd player?? The new 6006 model should be superior... shouldn't it?
I will let you know how I manage with the rc001dv, once I grab it!!

With kind regards,

Thank you very much again, for these new tips!!!
Now I need to download the manual of the 7600dvd player and the remote, to learn all the possibilities of this player in detail...

Would this 7600dv player have a similar sound quality, with conventional CDs, than the Marantz Cd6006, a newer dedicated cd player?? The new 6006 model should be superior... shouldn't it?
I will let you know how I manage with the rc001dv, once I grab it!!

With kind regards,

I do not know if Audiokarma will allow to include a link to the DV7600 manual, but you can easily find it in HiFi Engine website if you look for it. I am not familiar with the CD 6006 but I know that the Cirrus Logic Dac that is included in the DV7600 was changed in more recent CD players from Marantz... I bet it sounds different and most likely the newer is better. But I can't tell for sure.

Appreciate the thread. I have the remote with my DV-9600, but it rarely works. I may try to find another Marantz DVD remote.
Amazing how glitchy some of this high dollar stuff can be. Mass produced Yamaha, no problem.
I run my Sony S9000ES with a standard Sony DVD remote, so......

Back
Top Bottom