Are Marantz Remotes RC interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by Ian Dozol, May 16, 2017.

1. Ian Dozol

Ian Dozol New Member

I cannot find a thread of this nowhere in the whole internet!

I have recently purchased a Marantz DV7600 DVD SACD. It is working perfectly but it did not come with its remote. As this is a older model from 2007, I cannot find its corresponding remote "RC7600".

In ebay or other similar sites I only found the remote for the upgraded DV9600 from 2007. But it is way to expensive. Alternatively I am wondering if cheaper older RC remotes for older DVDs would work fine. An example I saw was a RC4000.

Another option I considered is purchasing a universal Logitech Harmony Remote but I really want to go the cheapest possible road.

Could anyone give me comments if an older RC remote for DVD would work well on my current equipment?

2. Ian Dozol

Ian Dozol New Member

I still have not found an answer online so I called directly Marantz Parts Department (Tel. 201-762-6392) to request a remote. My remote model is obviously not available, and when asked if I could use a newer or older remote model, they could not tell me. They suggested me to check with Customer Service, but alas, they did not know either, although they asumed that probably not.

I finally decided to take the risk and I just purchased the RC001dv remote of eBay. This remote is the one included in all the Marantz DVDs that are one model newer than my DV7600. This remote works for: DV4001, DV6001, DV7001 (which is like the DV7600 but newer).

I will share my results once it arrives. Cheers!