Are the Marantz AM antenna interchangable?

Aaron99

Another lost Marantz followed me home... This time it is a 2220B. I haven't gone through the internals yet, but the AM antenna is missing from the back. Do I need to source one from another 2220B or are they interchangeable between other models?

I did a random look at the service manuals for 6 or 7 different units, some B and some non-B. Every unit had a different part number for that antenna. The 2230/2245/2270 shared a part number. On all of the other units the part number was different in the last two digits. I can't say this means others won't fit, but in general, it seems Marantz uses the same part numbers between units if the part is the same.

As far as I know,the 'straight' bar AM antennae with the clamp come in two types, four wire and five wire.
Please excuse the crude drawing.

Tom
AM Loop stick.jpg

As far as I know,the 'straight' bar AM antennae with the clamp come in two types, four wire and five wire.
Please excuse the crude drawing.

Tom
View attachment 880065
Thank you for your research Tom. I wasn't sure if I needed the exact part or if they were interchangeable. In my case I found the exact part on ebay. But this will probably help someone in the future....

Back
Top Bottom