Are there different types of vellum?

I'm not sure if my 2226b uses vellum or not, as it's my first Marantz receiver and it's currently on its way to me. However I do know that it will need some new dial lamps. I was wondering, if it does need new vellum, are there different types that provide different shades of blue or blue/green? I don't care much for LEDs except where the factory utilized them so I'll be using the factory style fuse lamps. I want to make sure if I replace the vellum that I use the right type.

There are different weights for sure. I actually prefer an art paper called Opalux, made by Cansalon.

i get mine here https://www.paperandmore.com/product/92/8-1-2-x-11-clear-white-vellum-paper-48lb-bond here is a link to 48lb white they have many colors and weights but the best part is they sell individual sheets as samples for 50 cents each and only a dollar shipping for as many as you want. i get yellow for my receivers that have LEDs, even though i use the white LEDs but they are still too blue for me and the yellow it cuts the blue down some. i think the original on marantz is 48lb

Sorry I'm out of town so have been away. I couldn't get heavy vellum here in our smaller community but they had Opalux at one of the chain craft stores. It's a low or no acid archival quality paper so I reasoned that it may be less likely to yellow as well.

Then it was no longer stocked so I bought a pack online at Dick Blick as is in your link but had to buy a pack. But I do a lot of Marantz receivers so it was worth it to me. Of course it's back in stock locally!

Back
Top Bottom