Are these Infinities Dogs?

Kencat

12 hours to go, 5 $

Infinity qa per seller.

NO BIDS :wtf:

Shipping would be too much for me I think ?? unless this is going to be a deal of the century :scratch2:

Those were the smallest offering of the Quantum line of speakers, which were excellent. I should know, I've a pair of big Quantum 2s. For $5, these are a good deal, though I've no clue what you're looking at in regards to shipping. Value wise, these fall into the sub-$50 category typically as these don't have the Watkins woofer of the larger versions and this is the smallest EMIT that came about, which ordinarily is an extraordinary tweeter.

Here's some specifications that may be of interest to you:
Qa

Introduced: 1978
Dimensions: 63,5 x 35,5 x 30,5 cm
Bass: 1 x 25 cm
Highs: 1 x EMIT
Suggested for amplifiers with: 15-150 Watts per channel
Frequency range: 42 Hz - 32 kHz
Crossover frequencies: 2500 Hz
Suggested price (pair): 330 $

If you would like more, then just navigate on over to Infinity Classics where you can view the schematic, owner's manual, and more importantly for you, a review of these speakers.

- JP

Thanks Charivari. Cool link.

Read this excerpt from the review "In addition, the cone and it's butyl-rubber surround are designed so that the outer portions of the cone are progressively decoupled from the voice coil at higher frequencies. As Infinity describes it, the effective woofer-cone mass therefore varies with frequency, so that good low-frequency response is combined with good mid-range transients."

Sign me up Scotty! Gotta get me some of these...Phasars on STUN.

This was in the attempt to blend the 10" woofer with the Emit at 2500 Hz xover.

Man, if they were local I'ld be on em for sure just to try them out. Shipping would be 60 -100 $ I think. Damn.

Anyone else interested, search you know where, . Seller in Long Island, NY.

That is an interesting piece about the woofer, I didn't know that. Wonder if that's actually what happens or if it's just marketing speak to disguise "cone breakup" as "frequency derived decoupling."

Ya know, there's more than a few other Ontario AKers, maybe one of 'em will be passing through Long Island and can serve you in the role of AK Pony Express carrier?

- JP

On Infinitys has anyone the goods on a RS7 3 way with an 8 inch driver , 4 inch mid and a Samarium Cobalt planar tweeter , any info would be great , Thanks , Gary .

Deadear said:
On Infinitys has anyone the goods on a RS7 3 way with an 8 inch driver , 4 inch mid and a Samarium Cobalt planar tweeter , any info would be great , Thanks , Gary .
Gary, no need to be afraid to start your own thread on those speakers, you never know where it might go.

But ... your wish is my command:

Reference Standard 7

Introduced: 1982
Dimensions: 55 x 34 x 25 cm
Bass: 1 x 20 cm
Mids: 1 x Polypropylen
Highs: 1 x EMIT
Suggested for amplifiers with: 20-100 Watts per channel
Frequency range: 45 Hz - 32 kHz
Crossover frequencies: 500 Hz, 5000 Hz
Suggested price (pair): 398 $

Schematic

- JP

Thanks Charivari that is a great help , they sound OK but seem to need a bit more power to drive tem than some speakers do .

Deadear said:
Thanks Charivari that is a great help
No prob, that's what AK is around for. :thmbsp:
Deadear said:
they sound OK but seem to need a bit more power to drive tem than some speakers do .
... and therein lies the truth about older Infinity speakers; they're all power-hungry mothers, but if you feed them lots of juice, man, can they sing. :yes:

- JP

Charivari said:
That is an interesting piece about the woofer, I didn't know that. Wonder if that's actually what happens or if it's just marketing speak to disguise "cone breakup" as "frequency derived decoupling."

Ya know, there's more than a few other Ontario AKers, maybe one of 'em will be passing through Long Island and can serve you in the role of AK Pony Express carrier?

- JP

BUY Jiminy...that could be fun.

I'll buy em (still at 5$ btw), then hope another AKer can snag em and hold on to them until the Pony Express can kick in and move them northward. Even if it took 6 months, it would be a lot of fun wouldn't it ?? and some other Akers would get to play with em for a while, while they stored them for me on their journey.

It would be worth 5$ in entertainment trying to get them here, even if they got stuck somewhere and never arrived.

Whaddya think?

Hey, it's your money and since it's your money, I say, have at it. These speakers are worth $5, no doubt, and you already seem to have decided on other factors. So, wish you luck in finding a holder and a transporter.

- JP

If I wake up up in the morning and the $ hasn't changed, this scenario just may take place.

Stay tuned .

:naughty:

Back
Top Bottom