Ghonk

GREG
That's my guess,could they be something else
Yeah I know crappy picture.:D

Attachments

• van.jpeg
    van.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 174
Okay thanks,my brother is likely getting them tomorrow.
Hopefully they are 2's.
From research online it looks like they switched to rubber surrounds in model ci,hope they don't have foam.

Well my brother finally picked them up.
They are Model 1's.
No stands,he didn't talk to the owner when he picked them up so there is a slight chance that he has them.
One bottom has some slight water damage,other then that they look fantastic.

From info online the (C) version will be marked with the letter after the serial #,these are not,can anyone confirm that all C's would be marked this way?

Also,while TRYING to shine a light through the cloth it looks like they have THIS tweeter.
IF i'm understanding correctly that could make them b's.

index.php

Serial #'s.

Assuming they are b's would that mean they definitely have foam surrounds?
I'm desperately trying to avoid pulling the socks up.

Didn't try hooking them up yet,which I will try to do in the next couple days.
NO that isn't the final placement.:D

Can you see through the grills to see the woofer surrounds?
You can play them at low volume without fear of damage (I assume that your definition of low volume is not that far from mine). If you are really worried, play them face up (or on risers face down). That's tell you if the drivers work, and might tell you if the foam is bad, or getting there

I wasn't able to see the woofers,i will try a brighter light and maybe that will help.

I read online that the Model (2) switched to rubber surrounds sometime DURING the C series.
And also read it was the Ci that first used rubber.

Couldn't find a switchover time for the 1's.

Last edited:
If it's the tweeter in the photo then it's like mine which has RUBBER surround. Look again at the photos in the link I provided above.

Back
Top Bottom