Are you going to the fest?

Are you going to the fest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C'mon, you know the one. Its the weekend where a bunch of guys descend on a hotel here in Detroit with armfuls of gear in various stages of need, and they're all looking for you! :D

Not Detroit, anymore. We're coming out to visit YOUR neighbourhood, Greater Metropolitan Livonia.

I'll be there representing Gardner Kansas.:D

(as long as none of my rides leave without me, I'm hitchhiking)

I wanted to come..., but no one invited me:tears:

Now there are no rooms and all the plane tickets are gone...

Darn, have to wait till next year...:smoke:

I'm not even going dignify the first remark with a response about the announcements of the Fest site, and all the talk about hotels, exhibitors, doorprizes...

Plenty of hotel rooms at the Hyatt, less than a mile away, and there is a shuttle.

So, y'all c'mon down, and have a great time.

You are joking right ?

m0dGe, is gonna win furthest travelled!!

sad news for me, I gotta play taxi and dog-sitter that wknd, no fest for bolly!! :sigh:

I'm going as well....Bringing my best bud from Kalamazoo, MI and his pal as well......Gotta go Sunday though because of work.......Looking forward to a great time !!! :music:

Hey, what's the prize for traveled furthest to get to the Fest? I figure I gotta' chance.

Well maybe somebody is coming from across the pond, but if Joyce comes with here SO, doesn't that double the "distance traveled" miles?

You are joking right ?

I guess what's funny on my side of the computer screen may not come out as humorous on your side of the screen. Yes, I'm joking...

You guys did a tremendous job advertising, inviting, promoting and welcoming!!! The photos from last year looked like it was a tremendous event and fun. Based on the plans you all made for this year, it should be even a greater event. Unfortunatelly I need be in London that weekend with my wife. So you all have a great time. Maybe next year...

P.S. The British call that kind of humour "dry". In New Jersey we call it "sarcasm". Don't you guys do "dry sarcasm" in MI?

Have a great time at the fest :banana:

After busting our humps for many months, that 'dry sarcasm' cut a little too closely, I guess. Ordinarily, I'd be right with ya, but there's less than a week to go, and the nerves are a little jumpy.

If Im the furthest whats the prize? Getting locked in a room with MarkW for the weekend:pistols:

After busting our humps for many months, that 'dry sarcasm' cut a little too closely, I guess. Ordinarily, I'd be right with ya, but there's less than a week to go, and the nerves are a little jumpy.

Hey, sorry about that. I guess it seemed funny at the time (kind of like EchoWars' "Fest? What Fest?), but I guess I'd have to come out one year so all of you can meet me and get some of that "dry sarcasm" first hand.

Just think, it'll be a blast for all of you. Probably better than all the previous years, and all I'll be doing is watch my wife spend my gear money in London (two bucks for every pound she spends) :sigh:

as if AKFest wasn't reason enough....

I've got a special reason to attend...Echowars is meeting me there with my restored Sansui 9090db! I'll be staying at the Hyatt a mile down the road, but perhaps someone would be kind enough to allow me to 'borrow' some speakers so we can all have a listen..??..

DAMMIT I am anxious to see it!:yes:

EW replaced the lamps with LED's for longer life, and opted for light green (think early 70's) ones. He says no pic does it justice. Cannot wait. :yippy:

Back
Top Bottom