Ariel Arrow sights and sounds and Smells

Nightcleaner

Did these ever make it across the pond the USA. Reminded me of my childhood. I knew ever motorcycle by its sound. I did get fooled a couple of times. When the Saab two stroke Cars became popular. They sounded exactly like to my highly trained bike spotting ear, like one of these.

http://www.sump-publishing.co.uk/ariel arrow.htm

The Triumphs I could Tell from The BSA. With standard exhaust. I always thought the BSA A10 650 Sounded wonderful. The unmistakable sound of the Triumph Tiger Cub 200 cc. they always misfired.

We had some amazing well Thought so at the time, Two strokes around The Villers engine was in a lot of them. The Bikes themselves were all unique in the way they looked and sounded

The Police used to ride around on the awful Velocette Lee. Anyone remember them? My mate who had no interest in bikes, thought a Royal Enfield was the Queens Chicken farm

I remember as a 11year old being taken to the Hant's Grand National which was a motorcycle scramble. The smell of Castrol R was simply amazing. To me was like the equivalent of freshly cut grass.

Wonder if they still make the stuff.

pictures

Vellocette Le - Mr Plod

BSA A10 - what a sound

Saab

something with a Villers engine - I chose The Greeves sports

Hant's Grand National, motorcycles racing through Horse dung and tram tickets to victory

Queens Chicken Farm -:)

Attachments

• velocette lee.jpg
    velocette lee.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 6
  • motorbike428993.jpg
    motorbike428993.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 63m25s.jpg