Aristocrat innards

alteclipsch

I saw this yesterday and am trying to figure out whether the woofer inside is an Electro Voice or maybe some other brand. I don't recall seeing an EV woofer with a shiny border around the dustcap. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

00O0O_hQzL4uIBdgB_1200x900.jpg

Looks kinda like it might be a Utah Celesta/Realistic Americana coaxial in there.

Last edited:
Could be something like a Jensen K-310A. I think there are other potato-masher types with a flat metal screen on the front of the tweeter but I can't place it.

I saw the same speaker in the Minneapolis CL. I had briefly entertained the idea of restoring it and putting together a mono system for our upstairs super wide hallway.

I saw the same speaker in the Minneapolis CL. I had briefly entertained the idea of restoring it and putting together a mono system for our upstairs super wide hallway.
That's where I saw it, too. I'd have jumped but I was suspicious of the woofer, so I didn't follow up. Nice cabinet, though.

I would have tossed a 12" FR driver of some sort in there. I've got an extra TT around. Grab a tube monoblock and a mono cart and away we go! That is also where I again briefly entertained the thought of selling my Jamo's and buying those GIANT 60" ribbon/planar woofer speakers for $3500.

Then I came to my senses and realized I'd have literally no decent room to put them in.

Back
Top Bottom