Arkansas fall bash

I will have to wait and see as we get a bit closer to the 22nd I would love to meet you guys. I have been playing tag with jeff the past few days. I have been really busy lately and dealing with two different family matters. I could use a day to chill with some cool Arkansas Akers!

Just an FYI, I sent a PM to all AK members that expressed an interest in our gathering earlier this year. This was just an effort to notify those that may have a current interest and thus increase attendance on September 22nd. Personally, I hope they all can make it, but in reality I just hope to have a great time with those of us who are able to. :banana:

Hi-, and greetings from "up nawth". Here's hoping that you have a successful 2nd Bash, and more to follow.

I'm originally from Mississippi and would love to join you, but it is just to damned far. Since 2011 we've been having 2 Gatherings a year covering the "Mid-Atlantic" area of MD,PA,VA,DE,NJ,WV etc. Started off with11 and now we get ~25 each time. We enjoy a good visit and exchange a few items, but it is mostly a visit, and getting to know each other.

Pics of the Gatherings are usually posted in the threads of this forum.

Enjoy - - -

Not sure what's up with the lack of activity this time, maybe it's just the time of year or getting into the new schedule with the kid's being back in school.

I'm trying to get my set of mystery speakers finished so I can bring them along. Waiting on parts to repair them is holding me back, but hopefully I will be able to get them completed. It's only a mystery to you, not me!

Getting closer to the 22nd. Hoping to hear from a few more people. Looking forward to visiting with those of you that have said you will be here. There will be plenty of food and fun for all. If your planning on coming send me a message and I will send address and cell number to help with any questions you might have. Can't wait!!

Thanks Eric

I hope we get some last minute folks that can get away hopefully.

What tidbits do you folks plan on bringing?
I really want to browse through your vinyl Eric, if any is still available that is. I'm really trying hard to finish my mystery speakers to bring along, but if not I may bring my big Peavey International Series III with so you can all have a listen.

I'm looking forward to seeing some old and hopefully some new faces next weekend. No matter how many of us can attend I plan on having a great time! See y'all soon!

Getting closer to the gathering every day. Getting excited to see everyone again and hopefully some new faces. Need to do a little wiring update and mayb get another system wired up in living room for speaker demos and so on. Hope everyone is ok with smoked pork butt and a couple drunk smoked chickens with plenty of sides.

Thanks
Eric

Oh crap, do we really have to get drunk, act like a chicken, and blow smoke out our butt? :rflmao:
Just kidding of course.

I'm sorry to say that I will not be bringing the mystery speakers along, just to much left to do in a limited time. I am willing to drag the Peavey's along if there is an interest by anyone. The darn things are almost 100 lbs each, plus I'm getting to old to throw them around like I used to. Let me know please.

20180223_181630.jpg

Looking forward to or 2nd gathering!

Still looking for a few of you that said you were coming to shoot me a message for directions. Would love to see all the guys from last event at Luke's.

Thanks Eric

Coincidentally, I did the Google map thing today to zero in on your place. It really wanted to see "Hwy" instead of "State Rd" for location. From the satellite view, I know exactly what to expect.

Here's a question: what time?

Good question @E-Stat!
Maybe if we get there early enough we'll get breakfast too! :rflmao:

Sorry to say that I won't be able to bring anything do to the forecast calling for rain. My pickup truck is not covered and a tarp just won't cut it.

I figure anytime after 10ish. That will give me a few minutes that morning to finish up a few things and get all the food on the smoker and what not. And I did see rain in the forecast and hope that dosent keep people away. I understand that people not be able to bring as much stuff and that is fine. The visit and company will be enjoyable either way. Can't wait to see you guys again

Thanks Eric

Well everything is about ready for tomorrow's gathering sound room is prepped and ready living room will have two systems to play with and lots of good food (mayb too much) I'm sure looking forward to hanging out and spinning lots of vinyl!!

Patiently waiting lol
Eric

Hey folks, I'll be there in the morning, can't wait to see those able to get away for the day.

I've got the Super Beans, but no brownies, instead I'm bringing brownie cookies, just as good!

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom