Arkay's introduction.

You might want to chose another name than Arkay, alas, we already have a trader here from the far east that tells us wonderous stories of audio platinum and gold, warehouses full of Marantz's, Pioneer's and JVC Boomboxes, some mint some in total disrepair. Back alley deals for pieces never seen in the new lands. As we speak were trying to raise money for a digital camera so he can show us the bounties of this mythical place...

Greetings Arkay!
I always enjoy reading your posts coming from a distant land! I bet the Food in H.K. must be Great!

Pleased to meet you Arkay. I'm fairly new here, so I haven't read a lot of your posts (and history). Guess I'll have to look them up in the archives to learn about you.

OOPS!!! I guess my approach has backfired. I'd better add some real introduction here, otherwise people might actually READ what I've written here... :eek:

You might want to chose another name than Arkay, alas, we already have a trader here from the far east that tells us wonderous stories of audio platinum and gold, warehouses full of Marantz's, Pioneer's and JVC Boomboxes, some mint some in total disrepair. Back alley deals for pieces never seen in the new lands. As we speak were trying to raise money for a digital camera so he can show us the bounties of this mythical place...

Geez, I'd like to meet this guy. From your description, his life sounds more exciting and interesting than the reality of mine! :D

Greetings Arkay!
I always enjoy reading your posts coming from a distant land! I bet the Food in H.K. must be Great!

Food here is fantastic! Hong Kong has to be one of the best places on Earth for eating, with great restaurants offering all types of cuisines. Unfortunately, since learning I am gluten-intolerant, I've had to stop eating most of the good stuff. I only feel well when I eat stuff that a caveman might have collected (i.e., that hasn't seen a typical kitchen or cook). It was either stop eating the food or continue to be chronically ill (and probably dead by now). :sigh: For anyone who can eat "normally", though, Hong Kong is a wonderful place for eating. [Just DON'T look in the kitchens, if you want to keep any appetite! LOL ]

[The flip side is that anyone who eats a diet like the one I should be eating --and sometimes do eat-- will feel at least 10-30 years younger (depending on what state they are in when they start). Food won't all taste as good, but their bodies will work 1000% better, in almost every respect!]

Hey Arkay, I always enjoy reading your posts. You should compile a book and title it "My adventures in Hi-Fi" or something like that. Even though they are long posts they are always fun to read. I think you should host AKFest some time so we can all come and stay with you and buy the gear that you pass up on a daily basis.

TC

Back
Top Bottom