Arrived today 1008 HP at the crank- 836 HP chassis dyno.

Yes this Yenko owner is a great person and believe it or not , years ago he shipped his car to germany just to drive it there. very smart man, he is 68 and just had a scare with his health, had treatments , then had a clean bill of health and looked at his retirement balance and said "i am getting something nobody has that i really want and i am gonna have a great summer!"

When I had my shop in NJ, I had a customer do something very similar. 'Took a picture of his watch in front of the speedo to prove his blast on the Autobahn.

His name isn't Bob by any chance, is it?

When I had my shop in NJ, I had a customer do something very similar. 'Took a picture of his watch in front of the speedo to prove his blast on the Autobahn.

His name isn't Bob by any chance, is it?
thats funny, the shop that does the Yenko transformation is in NJ called sve engineering, their names are Dave and Sue,

Awesome car. That will keep the rice burners and stangs in check.
Hey buddy, yea no doubt, there are 2 dealers down the road from the GM place, Ford, Chrysler, one has hell cats, the other has mustangs, They are both fast cars, we rumbled through both dealerships with this nascar sounding 200+ mph monster let them know their is a new boss in town, us gm guys have listened nonstop about the hellcat, and mustangs, the truth is the factory hp rating of the hell cat is at the engine, without the powertrain powerloss involved, 707 hp off the free wheeling engine crank, what is it on a chassis dyno with wheel rollers 575? This is 836 on wheel roller chassis dyno, and if you want to do it from the crank its 1008. I will get a video sometime.

Just having fun. Did a lot of street racing back in the day. 68 Camaro with L88. Tuner cars just started show up. Used to scared the hell out of them off red lights! There were some fast Fords in L.A at the time. And that pesky HEMI Cuba. Another story.

Wanted ask about the chassis/Rearend. Is it OEM? Seems the housing would be a weak link with that power. Especially if any track time with a decent tire. Also, Traction control, Ladder bars? Lastly, Car doesn't appear to be lowered. Thanks
the chassis on the new Camaro is on the new gm SVE ?Caddy platform, 300lbs lighter, stronger , this will never be on a track, he doesnt like the lowered look hes gonna be 70 yrs old lol, just street cruiser for him and his wife, drag strip every so often, had many cars, traded a amazing modded ZL1 .

Hey buddy, yea no doubt, there are 2 dealers down the road from the GM place, Ford, Chrysler, one has hell cats, the other has mustangs, They are both fast cars, we rumbled through both dealerships with this nascar sounding 200+ mph monster let them know their is a new boss in town, us gm guys have listened nonstop about the hellcat, and mustangs, the truth is the factory hp rating of the hell cat is at the engine, without the powertrain powerloss involved, 707 hp off the free wheeling engine crank, what is it on a chassis dyno with wheel rollers 575? This is 836 on wheel roller chassis dyno, and if you want to do it from the crank its 1008. I will get a video sometime.

Saw a Hellcat and Vette get it on, On the freeway a few years ago. The Vette was gone, At 75MPH. Thinking, What the hell. Finally slowed down, It was a Hennessy tuned Stingray. That explained that.

the chassis on the new Camaro is on the new gm SVE ?Caddy platform, 300lbs lighter, stronger , this will never be on a track, he doesnt like the lowered look hes gonna be 70 yrs old lol, just street cruiser for him and his wife, drag strip every so often, had many cars, traded a amazing modded ZL1 .

Got it, 70yrs old, Strapping that thing on? Awesome! That Caddy is no joke.

Awesome car. That will keep the rice burners and Stangs in check.

Yes, Japanese cars were a joke... When I was 13 in 1972. I'm far from a import loving guy, but the truth is today is a different story. As we all know, anything can be built. Let's be realistic, this car is "built" it didn't roll off the factory line in this configuration. Hell, I can build my little 4.6L / 281ci motor in my 03 Cobra and twin or big turbo that bitch and make over 1,000hp. I've got the Ford 9" rear end installed ready to take the abuse. No matter, this is a nice new Camaro. I like the idea of carrying on the Yenko tradition.

Back
Top Bottom