arrrgh some of those OTHER boards

bully

get some replies that just irk the bejeezus outta me!
Yeah, I know I'm usually pretty calm, but I am a mean-old junkyard dog guy, and it just gets me riled up sometimes.
I know I do feel like I 'cheatin' on AK when I peek around some of the other boards, but, y'know, I see some of y'all posting, too.

;) :D

oh, well

pete

Pete

Ya pullin' my leg or were you serious? I post on various boards (AA / AR / HD / AG) while still contributing here. In respect to the "unwritten rules" on each board you may see me post something on one board that I may not on other. But you will not catch me belittling one board at another. That should be addressed on the board in question, and not done behind "it's back".

MikE

No, I agree with you, MikE. And each board has its own uniqueness.
I'm not blaming anybody for checking other boards, it's this hobby of ours that makes us seek out like-minded souls :D

I guess I'm spoiled in having met so many of the guys that have ended up here, many first at the old AR, then migrated to Norb's then-cool AU, and now here.
The tone of the replies, in particular, is 'nicer' here. I know that in 1970 I was very adamant in my thoughts about the various brands and models of gear. Over the years, my experience has led me to appreciate the qualities of a very wide variety of makes and models. I do have my personal favorites, but what I have learned is that 'real' differences between brands is really small when considering what comes out of the speakers to hear.
Consider: you're a tube guy, I have SS. I look at your Moth, and damn that is a beautiful piece of work! I simply cannot imagine I could sit in your listening room and not enjoy the experience.
I also cannot imagine I would appreciate my stereo less for the experience.
I have seldom read a reply from this group that made truly outrageous pronouncements disparaging an entire maker, and saying such things as if it were natural law.
Opinions are great, they can be helpful, but y'know, everyone has one :rolleyes:
AK is like a community of enthusiasts that enjoy the gear, their gear, and sharing that fun with others.
Sure, there have been some flare-ups, but what community doesn't when our choices and ideas are often what we're sharing?
Do y'all catch my drift?

pete

You know Pete, some folks just have a bit more time on their hands I reckon. I can barely keep up here at AK let alone post on other boards. Once in a blue moon I will post at AA very politely when I am really stuck, but that's about it.

I think most folks that are "into" audio have a nice system. Unique to its own. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to travel around and visit people, to sit in the sweet spot and listen to their gear?! I would just love that! With of course the final stop being MikE's house cause after listening to that nothing else will do! OMG! (Well of course I would bring the vinyl source to MikE's. I would loooooove to hear his Moths with that. Talk about special WHEW!)

Hi Pete;

Interesting topic. I too continue to look around a few of the other sites, AA and AR mostly. I like the AA vintage site pretty well as they seem to stay on topic mostly and I enjoy reading about vintage wherever the sourse my be located. A recent posting on the Kenwood L-07 series on AA is one example that comes to mind. It's been hard to find much info on this great series from Kenwood.

I rarely post at these sites, leaving the locals first shot at hepling newbies and the such, but will and have posted a few times if I think I can add value.

I confess I enjoy some of the flame threads on the AR cable threads. I somehow enjoy the arguments as a form of intertainment. Never post there as I long ago gave up trying to convince people of something they were are ready convinced about and have no desire to solicite support for my personal opinion on these matters.

However my posting footer here may hint at my thinking on the great cable debate. ;)

Anyway, your right about our little forum being THE place to hang for vintage content.... even if we do have to endure Thor once in awhile... ;)

Lefty

Yeah, I saw that post too, and even put in a comment. I like that primo Kenwood gear, they did make some superb components that just never received the attention they deserve.
Uncommonly good, seldom offered for sale. Like you said, if they have 'em, they're apparently keepin' 'em.

I uh....well I posted a couple of Zingers on Rec Audio Tubes, ecpecially in the Germanium thread. I am about to go back and see what kind of mayhem I might have caused there. It can get stuffy and to technical, so when some one opens the door. Like the Roger Miller song of yore:

Leave the door open and the fly comes in. thats the way it is and the way its always been, leave the door open and the fly comes in.

Hey it was a whopper, if you belong on google go and watch!

Back
Top Bottom