Art Dudley: "In hi-fi, there is no Point B."

I would submit, that in either subject, cars or audio, one reaches "Point B" when one "wants what they have". Whatever that might be for each of us.

There are many point b's. And to characterize automotive interests as having a clear point b based on safety, fuel economy, reliability, or whatever, is just wrong.

In the automotive world some people prefer Ferraris, some smart cars, others think minivans or suv's are the ultimate incarnation of the automobile. And yet others prefer vintage cars, just like us. There is also plenty of snake oil in the automotive business, 200 mpg carbs, magnets for your fuel lines, additives for your oil, fuel, or whatever.

People buy what they like, in every market. I don't think I could name one market where there is a single clear ultimate final incarnation of a product that everybody agrees upon. Audio is no different, although it does seem to be subject to more subjective claims than most other industries. Just my opinion.

bs

Completely agree. Both of these subjects as hobbies are completely up to the the consumer as to deciding what makes it "perfect" or the most stimulating.

Like vehicles, audio is constantly seeing improvement with efficiencies, materials, engineering practice, layout, design...etc. NO different from automotive practice in my humble opinion.

But now I am a huge fan of both audio and automobiles in general and go to school for the latter so I just cannot agree with that. Regardless everyone strives in different ways to find what makes there mind happy. That's really the long and the short of it.

Walker

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Mr. Lin, It is so good to see your appreciation and enjoyment of both your Hifi and the musings of my favorite audio writer/reviewer/TT mechanic/music lover Art Dudley. Having been an avid reader and a kindred spirit, if you will since his Listener days.

For me there is no real point B, and I am just fine with that.

Do I have audio goals? sure.
Do I want more out of my kit? sometimes.
Do I tweek? yep.
Am I enjoying the music? hell yes.

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

For me there is no real point B, and I am just fine with that.

Do I have audio goals? sure.
Do I want more out of my kit? sometimes.
Do I tweek? yep.
Am I enjoying the music? hell yes.

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

Seems we're on the same page. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom