Artists and plane crashes

opt80

Subscriber
While eating breakfast this morning I thought how many artists can I list who have died in a plane crash

Big Bopper
Buddy Holly
Jim Reeves
Stan Rogers
John Denver
Most of Lynard Skynard
Stevie ray Vaughan
Rick Nelson
Patsy Cline?
Glen Miller?(never found)

That's all for me,anybody else have some?

Alan

Randy Rhodes who played Guitar for Ozzy

Jim Reeves died in an automobile accident. The result of being too tired and falling asleep at the wheel. Died of massive head and chest injuries.

Quite similar to the demise of the great Johnny Horton some three years earlier.

Then there was Harry Chapin who died on the New York Expressway, the victim of a driver who had fallen asleep.

I believe that Jim Croce died in an aircraft accident. You can add the great Bill Graham, rock impresario and promoter par excellence, who died in a chopper accident, like Stevie Ray.

Randy Rhodes, Ozzy's guitarist, was killed when an airplane crashed into him ON THE GROUND. Randy was not a passanger in the airplane. Talk about a strange way to go!

How about Bon Scott who was found dead in the back seat of a car in London. Cause of death is uncertain but it was either alcohol poisining or hypothermia.

Mike

For a definitive answer, look no further than the "Fuller Up: Dead Musician Directory".

http://elvispelvis.com/fullerup.htm

Here you will find a comprehensive archive of the circumstances behind famous musicians' deaths. They are organized by cause, such as "Farming", "Golfing", and the ever popular "Inhalation of Own Vomit".

Last edited:
Didn't Mozart die in a plane crash? Or real bad golfcart incident? My memory isn't what it used to be.

Opt, what do you eat for breakfast that makes you think about stuff like this?

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Last edited:
Mozart did indeed die in a golf cart accident,he was buried in the same cemetery that later housed Jim Morrison.In later years the townfolk heard his music coming from his grave--only backwards!
The authorities dug up the grave,exhumed the body, but it turned out it was just Mozart de-composing!

Toasted,I thought of the thread in church and after I had my toast and coffee it all came together!!

Alan

I would hate to ask what kind of stuff you think of when you BBQ :p: :stupid:

Grump,you don't want to know,my friend,you don't want to know

I have to go,medication time;)

Best regards

Alan

Lead singer Graeme "Shirley" Strachan of the Australian Band Skyhooks died in a plane crash on August 29th 2001.

Regards

Del1225

Didn't the guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd also perish in a plane crash?
I still remember seeing the album cover with the flames on it in a big display at the record store. I shoulda got one before they pulled it.

MD

The fire cover is somewhat rare but the Bastard at the record company sold plenty of them before taking them off the shelf. If I recall the entire band did not go down in the plane just some of em.

Yeah Grumps,
I think it was only like two or three members. Wasn't one of them a Van Zandt?

Man this thread is very strange.

Sorry,but Reeves died in a plane crash

Okay, I concede. I was thinking of the great Ernie Kovaks. Granted, he wasn't a singer but I still got them mixed up!

Randy Rhodes...

...did die in a plane crash. The pilot buzzed Ozzies tour bus and lost control striking a farmhouse, killing it's occupants as well as Rhodes and the pilot.

Back
Top Bottom