asking opinion on pioneer stuff

Chaz862

i have read the old threads on this but im asking again in case of any new input.. new to this vintage stuff. i have a sx-550. sounds great and i like it, like the pioneer stuff .. looking for a new bigger system.. from my reading on old threads, the spec stuff seems to get a be preferred over say the sx-1250.. was going to try to get one of those til i read and saw most prefer the spec systems.. what would be the ideal setup for them? or just go with the 1250... and speakers? now im leaning to trying the spec stuff..

Well, for one thing, you will need a bigger budget if you go with the Spec setup. Do you DIY your own equipment, or will you have to farm it out to a tech ? What are your expectations for your setup ? Would you be satisfied with a receiver (the 1250 is a real gem), or are you leaning more towards an elaborate system of separates?
Lots of variables involved, also lots of good choices....happy hunting !

SX-950 or SX-1010.
Will do 99% what you want it to do, sound great and plenty of power in one package.
1250's a classic but you'll cry if it blows and pay hefty to have it fixed.
I would almost rather use the 1250 for all it's tuner, pre and switching functions and pre-out the signal to another amp like an Adcom, Nikko or NAD than worry about blowing another classic vintage Pioneer receiver.
When you decide to get into seperates it's a WHOLE new ballgame.

Im not a diy guy. Like the look of the seperates.how about the 9800 8500 8500ii stuff? Looks more affordable than jumping into spec stuff. Still sound good? What all would I need? Try to prob have them matching. Just because I’m a nerd like that.

How bout the sa8800 integrated amp it selectable phono cartridge types 2 tape monitors defeatable tone controls and a great headphone section.
It’s rated a 80 wpc @8 ohms and also rated for 4 ohms.its the stoutest 80wpc amp I’ve heard

Ha thanks. I got a 9500 then a buddy just gave me a 9500II. So got two now lol. Just need some better speakers so I can actually crank it.

Back
Top Bottom