Aspiring audiophile in Minneapolis

Brian1993

Hello to all from the Twin Cities area!

I was gifted a magnificent receiver (Arcam AVR-500) and I'm trying to build a mid-level home sound system around this receiver for both music and film. Are there any particular forums/threads here on AK which can help me evaluate my options? Specifically, I'm seeking to purchase speakers first - there are just so many options!

Arcam AVR-500 review: https://hometheaterreview.com/arcam-avr500-av-receiver-reviewed/

Thank you!

Brian R.

Welcome to the AK!
I can't comment on your receiver (probably a very nice piece of equipment, but I am strictly 2 channel guy).
Don't worry: you will get all the recommendations you can handle and then some..:cool:
Don't be afraid to ask questions (General Audio or Speakers subforums). Just remember: all the questions about value and price belongs to Dollars and Sense!.
Good luck on this journey!

Someone should probably try to dissuade you from treading down the god-forsaken audiophile path before it's too late . . . but we're all enablers here. ;)

I note that there's a Home Theater and Video section on the main page, which might be of special interest to you if you haven't already seen it -- although, I don't actually know what's discussed there, because like many here, I'm a two-channel, music only guy, and have never looked through that section . . .

Welcome to the AK!
I can't comment on your receiver (probably a very nice piece of equipment, but I am strictly 2 channel guy).
Don't worry: you will get all the recommendations you can handle and then some..:cool:
Don't be afraid to ask questions (General Audio or Speakers subforums). Just remember: all the questions about value and price belongs to Dollars and Sense!.
Good luck on this journey!
Welcome. And ditto on what gladiator said.

Very nice. You can definitely use AV receivers for audio (and if it has dedicated RCA plugs for a turntable, even better). Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom