AT LAST! a G7500 and a G5700 but.....

c3conv

FINALLY! I was able to get these two units for only about $80. I was able to test the 7500, only the fm stereo lights does not turn on and off. I was wondering can there be any major problem with this symptoms. I would guess its always in mono since i tried to push the mono-stereo switch and the sound does not change much.

The 5700 on the other hand is busted. The seller said I can return it if I can't fixed it.

Both are now in the shop being checked. I hope they can be fixed. While we are waiting for the news you don't mind telling me the specs and history of these two units? Man the anxiety is killing me!

Beatlefred, Nice to hear from you again. I have already done what you suggested. Whats the wattage of these units? Read one thread that meantioned having a great review on the 7500, where can I find this? Thanks again.

I didnt read thru all of the previous messages that I suggested you do by using the Search option, however, if I did recommend any good reviews, then I'm pretty sure it would be as Chris pointed out- the Owner Reviews at audioreview.com

The wattage on the G-7500 is 90 W and for the G-5700 its 75 W.

The two G models that I have are the opposite of yours in that the '500 Series model is lower-powered and the '700 Series higher powered, my G-5500 is 60 W and the G-7700 is 120 W. The G-5500 doesnt have the nice power meters that the G-7500 does, however, that model impressed me by being able to drive my Infinity Renaissance 90 speakers w/o any problems- and you can also read reviews of these speakers also at audioreview:

http://www.audioreview.com/Main,Speaker/Infinity,Systems,Renaissance,90/PRD_119649_1594crx.aspx

Just got the bad news, there is a transistor that is busted in the FM section of the g7500 model that's why the FM stereo does not go stereo. I will be able to get the part no. by tomorrow. Can't buy it here. Any suggestions on where in Asia I can find electronic parts? I just hope the parts are not those only produced by Sansui.

The G5700 is still being checked. It seems that the former owner had already a tech go through it. My tech's quick look into the inside noted some tampered parts already (changed wrong parts). I just hope this thing is not as worst as the G7500.

I just hope this does not end up into a big frustration.

I am very sure if its only a transistor on the tuner board thats bad that it will not be difficult at all to find a replacement for nor should it be expensive to obtain. Just determine what the transistor # is - for example, 2SC1047, and you can do an Internet search on that # - there are plenty of places that you'll be able to acquire a replacement from and several different manufacturers to choose from such as Motorola, Hitachi, etc..., the transistor is not a Sansui proprietary part so you dont have to worry. However, if you are paying a Tech to fix it, then it should be his obligation to get the replacement part(s) for you, and as I just mentioned, if its not sold in Asia, simply utilize the resources of the Internet to get the part- shipping a small transistor from anywhere in the world that weights next to nothing should not cost you much at all.

As for the other unit- you didnt say much about how you bought them. If it has been tampered with, why didnt the Seller tell you about that instead of letting you find that out for yourself? Well, since you mentioned in your previous post that he would take it back if there are any problems, and if you are unhappy about it- then give it back to him and have your money refunded.

B/F.

The tech is out of the shop right now,so I have to call back latter. If I am not mistaken, he mentioned yesterday that the part is a discriminator coil. He has the schem. diagram thats why he knew which particular part is busted. If this is the same as that you mentioned above then Hallelujah!!!

The parts are not as readily available here as in the States that's why sometimes the tech has no access or does not have the time to order it abroad that's why it is a practice here to sometimes the client buys the parts for them.

I am hopping that the 5700 even though it's tampered with can still be fixed, if not so be it.

I really appreciate you guys helping out. Sansui enthusiasts RULES!

Get back as soon as I can get hold of the tech.

I thought you said it was a transistor. If the part is in the form of an integrated circuit (ic) chip, then that might be more difficult to find.

In the worst case scenario then, if the tuner section doesnt work, you can still use the receiver to play cd's or lp's, or tapes, right? You can then use the tuner section of the other receiver if you want to or else get a tuner- something like a Sansui TU-317 or 217 is inexpensive.

I got hold of the tech and he told me the two broken parts are "IF transformer 4235990 and IF transformer 4236000". From the way he told me these are made for sansui only. Any body out there know where to find them and what about their equivalent?
Your help will be greatly appreciated. thanks again

....just wondering how this guy can tell you exactly what is wrong and give you part numbers without looking into the unit. Isn't there a possibility than the FM lamp is simply burned out?? :confused:

EchoWars, thanks for your concern. The technician is actually with a repair shop that was the official service center of Sansui back then. The shop is still in business but are accepting other brands to repair since sansui is no longer available here. He has practically touch more sansui products more than any other tech here in our country. He also has all the circuit diagram of most Sansui products of those era that we love. Anyway, I tested the G7500, it does not really give a stereo sound before I brought it to him.
If any body out there thinks this guy is jerking me, please do inform me right away.
He explained to me that the parts have this small part where you can turn to adjust .......
Maybe I'll just give it a few days and if I can't buy the parts, I will have to return the unit.
The G5700 will be check only today. Hope this thing works.
Thanks again for the concern, I REALLY appreciate it. Where else can you get this kind of concern!

Perhaps this is a trouble point with that receiver and the symptoms are well known. ....and you didn't say that it was not in stereo. ;) , so the lack of the stereo lamp was a correct indication.

For the technically-inclined among us, perhaps you might ask him exactly what the part is that he thinks needs replacing...and tell us here.

Back
Top Bottom