AT216EP

The 216 is the better stylus. Both the 211 and the 216 are 0.3 x 0.7 mil ellipticals but the 211 is bonded and the 216 is nude. The 201P is a 0.6 mil conical.

John

I'm going to try the EVG from tVOM. It's listed as a [Pfanstiehl index] 4215-DE, but it's spec'd (what specs there are) like the 215-DET.

I'm going to try the EVG from tVOM. It's listed as a [Pfanstiehl index] 4215-DE, but it's spec'd (what specs there are) like the 215-DET.

Awesome, that's about half the cost of the ATN-201P I have coming

Preliminary EVG 4215-DE results: [throws both arms in the air] It's good! The test was necessarily brief, but a quick runthrough of Steely Dan's Aja, side one, revealed really good nonbright overall sound, good soundstage, and great bass. Though results are preliminary, the low price makes it worth any risks that may lurk. Nothing fancy here, no line-contact stuff, no nude diamonds, just good sound.

The test was run at 1.5g with the cartridge plugged into a little black Yamaha p-mount headshell stuck in the end of the straight arm of a Denon DP-15F, an arm with active (servo) damping.

Last edited:
That photo's from a now-defunct Amazon listing. I'll have to look at mine to see if it really is that spatulate. Or maybe spatulant.

Preliminary EVG 4215-DE results: [throws both arms in the air] It's good! The test was necessarily brief, but a quick runthrough of Steely Dan's Aja, side one, revealed really good nonbright overall sound, good soundstage, and great bass. Though results are preliminary, the low price makes it worth any risks that may lurk. Nothing fancy here, no line-contact stuff, no nude diamonds, just good sound.

The test was run at 1.5g with the cartridge plugged into a little black Yamaha p-mount headshell stuck in the end of the straight arm of a Denon DP-15F, an arm with active (servo) damping.

Awesome,

I got my ATN-201P today, OE stylus packaged by Tonar. I'll give it a spin in the morning and try to add a pic or two

Awesome,

I got my ATN-201P today, OE stylus packaged by Tonar. I'll give it a spin in the morning and try to add a pic or two

Well, it might be a few days. We have some friends visiting and I don't dare open up the SL-5 in front of a 1 and 3 year old. Inquisitive little kids :)

Checked my EVG for spatulosity, and it looks just like the photo, though the photo exaggerates it a bit. There's an extra-long portion of the cantilever tube that's crimped flat. LPs sound well-cooked on both sides, so it must be working. Spatulistic!

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay.......Yes, this ATN-201P is a keeper too. I guess I forgot to clean the stylus on the 216EP before taking the pics. The 201P appears to be more spatulated than the 216EP

Not sure why the pics didn't upload, will try again later

Back
Top Bottom